Chorus ii $800 Wilmington NC

Kdenn011

Decent price at the top of the range, but there are bargains out there.  I have 24 samples. 

The highest price I have documented for Ch2 was an Ebay auction on 11/16/16 in Oak for NOS $1221, price not averaged into the other data because it was NOS.

21 minutes ago, TLMarshall said:

Just emailed him from his CL ad.  Perfect timing.  Just what I'm looking for.  I'll take them.  Setting up a time to meet up.  

Hope you get them they sure do look nice! Keep us updated and post pictures when you get them home.

I sure will.  He hasn't replied yet so fingers crossed but CL email relay can be that way sometimes, going to spam and what not.  I was in the market looking for some Heresy's with plans on possibly upgrading the parts then these popped up.  They'll sounds leagues above Heresy's.  I'll be hooking them up to a Pioneer SX-1250 and my PL-570 Turntable.  Hope it works out.  Pics will come for sure.   

Edited by TLMarshall
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Maximus89 said:

OMG. I would buy that in a heart beat for even 1k if it was here in Houston.  I never see any Walnut Chorus II's here.  Only black or boring and dated oak. 

There is a pair in black finish near me for $750 on CL, but like you said, that finish is so boring to me that I keep holding out for a nicer veneer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hybridamp said:

There is a pair in black finish near me for $750 on CL, but like you said, that finish is so boring to me that I keep holding out for a nicer veneer.

I already have a pair of black CHII. Thought has crossed my mind to veneer them walnut on my own. I just don't want cheap looking veneer.  If doing it myself, i'd prefer a very high quality figured walnut veneer like you see on the Forte III's.  Then if a Walnut Oil Chorus II ever pops up, i'd get them as surrounds with plans to use Walnut Oil Heresy II as center channel(both of which would be sanded and finished to look similar to the mains I'm thinking of veneering.  The original WO CHII looks too red for me). 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

Looks like these were just picked up as the ad has been deleted. Hope it was a forum member that got them!

Never seen Walnut Lacquer.  Looks much better than the Walnut Oiled that came bit too red toned for my taste. 

Yes sir, it was me that got them.  My SX-1250 is Walnut as well as my PL-570 so that Walnut was a major bonus.  I'm going to see how they sound first with my ss receiver but now I'm thinking about tube amps. The saga never ends! 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, TLMarshall said:

Yes sir, it was me that got them.  My SX-1250 is Walnut as well as my PL-570 so that Walnut was a major bonus.  I'm going to see how they sound first with my ss receiver but now I'm thinking about tube amps. The saga never ends! 

Congrats, mighty fine speakers you got there! Crites drop in Crossovers and titanium tweeters will put these over the top IMO, you'll be spoiled on extreme detail and clarity from that point on so be warned! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TLMarshall said:

Man.  Congrats. You got yourself some of my dream speakers. They look to be in excellent quality and a finish option I've personally never seen.  Take lots of photos so i can dream about them and then look at my beat up  black Chorus II with contempt. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TLMarshall said:

Hey TL are you in Wilmington too?  If so we should get together and check out those speakers!  I'm off Greenville Loop Rd.

12 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Congrats, mighty fine speakers you got there! Crites drop in Crossovers and titanium tweeters will put these over the top IMO, you'll be spoiled on extreme detail and clarity from that point on so be warned! 

Yeah, the guy said he's had them for about 5 years and he's the second owner. They're bone stock. I'll listen to them for awhile first but I've already gotten the itch to see what all's out there to freshen them up a bit. Between Crites and Simply Speaker, looks like there's nearly anything you'd want to replace/update them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1