WTB: Grills for kg4

Cody_Mack

Those look like they would be fairly easy to make if you're so inclined.  Even in the interim of finding stock grills, if that's possible, there would be something on them.  MDF or plywood frames painted black and stretch some brown or black grill cloth on them for not a lot of money.  Do those use grill pegs to attach or are they magnets, velcro, or tight fit on baffle?

Those shouldn't be too much to build.  If a fellow forum member had a set they could give measurements on and where the grill pegs are located, I'd be glad to build a pair.  At least they could get you by until you found an oem pair.  I don't know if the originals are a plastic frame or wood frame, though.  Guess it depends on that and how they actually look.

58 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Those shouldn't be too much to build.  If a fellow forum member had a set they could give measurements on and where the grill pegs are located, I'd be glad to build a pair.  At least they could get you by until you found an oem pair.  I don't know if the originals are a plastic frame or wood frame, though.  Guess it depends on that and how they actually look.

Originals are plastic frames. I think some are magnetic and some are pegs.

2 hours ago, avguytx said:

I'd settle for hand-made; when can you start? :D

Rick

8 hours ago, jjptkd said:

The KG4's are commonly stripped down and sold off in pieces on eBay, I'd watch there and I'm sure something will come up soon if no one here has an extra set, good luck!

This. Be patient; they're always coming up on eBay.

If you're impatient, or just want something to protect the speakers while you wait for eBay to present some, try SpeakerWorks.

• Like 1