Speaker Stands

I finally got my Klipsch 4.1's from CompUSA a few days ago, and by the time I got them set up I realized I needed speaker stands badly. I really wasn't looking foreward to spending $90 or something for the Klipsch ones. Well, today I stopped by Radio Shack and they had some speaker stands. I wasn't sure they would fit, but I picked them up anyways. The brackets actually fit the speakers damn good, using the existing bottom holes. Also, they are something like 32"-48" adjustable, so that roxors. Oh yeah, they were $50.

Could you specify as to which stands you bought? Such as the model number or name. I'm interested in buying those since they're only $50 compared to the Klipsch $98 ones. But also, do they have a hollow stand that the wires can feed through? Thanks.

*zen

Just a side note on these speaker stands, they are designed for the Klipsch "quintet" speakers, so they say, and the Promedia 4.1 speakers are not the same. At least they aren't angled the same where the din plug goes in, so the instructions to mount them wont work. You basically have to fudge it with the peices they give you. It works if you are creative with the screws and mounting pieces they give you, but its not 100% secure. It's not going to fall or anything, but they do wobble a bit if you touch them....

Ya know, I just noticed that current annoucement has the correct instructions for those speaker stands. Wish I had seen that before. There is still a problem, they only give you two screws that fit that configuration and you need 2 per speaker so you have to find other screws that are the right size.

here is a link to the radio shack speakers. And yes there is internal cable routing in them. The picture of them shows the generic mounting platform, but you don't need that with the promedias. You just mount them to the top with one of the provided brackets, which is the "L" bracket.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F002%5F006%5F005%5F004&product%5Fid=40%2D2015

I must agree, though mine was full price at 52.99 (thats with tax)I believe that the stands are sturdy and fit very well goes great with my 4.2 system thanks to the SBlive X-gamer 5.1 I'm getting a new head unit and a center chanel. klipsch goes 5.2, heh dolby eat yer heart out.

Torinalth

------------------

if at first you don't succede, try again. if at second you don't succede, get an axe

Can both the wires that go to the control pod fit into the tube of the radio shack stands? And if they both fit, how long is the DIN wire sticking out from the bottom of the stand? Basically what I want to know is how far away from the speaker stand can I put the sub if the DIN wire goes through the tube?