CF-4 Incoming!

vasubandu

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

That's why I emphasized ONLY.  If they use a g-mail account and provide phone, text or address, normally they're oK.

Well, most people don't, and that includes me.  I don't want anyone having my phone, text or address until I can be sure that the potential buyer isn't trying to run a scam.  With CL, it's always best to use their secure email method until you feel comfortable.

Sorry, but I cannot resist this.  I just got another email, but not from her.  This one says after a long rambling introduction

The Bible made us to understand that blessed are the hands that giveth. I took this decision because I don`t have any child that will inherit this money and my husband's relatives are not Christians and I don`t want my husband hard earned money to be misused by unbelievers.

I don`t want a situation where these money will be used in an ungodly manner,hence the reason for taking this bold decision.I am not afraid of death hence i know where am going.Presently,I'm with my laptop in a hospital here in London where I have been undergoing treatment for cancer of the lungs.

As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Bank.I will also issue you a letter of authority that will prove you as the new beneficiary of my fund.Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated.Hoping to hear from you soon.

Remain blessed in the name of the Lord.

Yours in Christ,

Mrs Suran Yoda

I have never received the Nigerian email in my life. Coincidence? I think not, although I was surprised to hear that she is in London.  I would have expected Athens. This must be some kind of Karmic payback, but I can't figure out what it is for.  There are too many possibilities. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2018 at 8:24 PM, vasubandu said:

@Jirachi @oldred @The History Kid @wuzzzer  @USNRET I am not paying at all with this new knowledge. I am instead going to buy $815 of vodka and drink until I forget that I don't have a CF-4. I love you guys.

Hey if you are willing to take a small step down I have a set of CF-3 speakers for sale. They are black and have the 5 inch bass ports that mean they are the coveted first series. I am the original owner and bought them in 1993. They are in great shape and the drivers are fine. They really are awesome speakers but I have moved and they just take up too much space. You can contact me at Duc.998@hotmail.com if interested. My name is Mike.

Caution Caution!  I hope i am not too late. This is a scam!  I encountered this person when i posted a reply to a KLF-C7 center channel on AVS Forum Sale Section.  This person PM'ed me on the side and said he has a "friend" that's selling this speaker.  The email this scammer use is kentrinvoll@gmail.com.  Name of person: Katherine Stovall.  She supposedly works at Walmart and can only accepts payments via Walmart Pay Services.  I requested to pay via Paypal and she asked me to provide my driver's license.  HECK NO.  Paypal has already verified both her and I (if she is even a legitimate person).    Scary part is that this, Katherine, person is trolling across all Audio/Video forums offering the speakers at market value.   They play out the story well and make it believable.  I hope nobody on here falls victim to this scam artist.  Figured i'd give my experience to hopefully prevent people from throwing their hard-earned money to this scum.      

Np @Lateral_Line you are not too later.  A few others here kidnapped me and held an intervention, as in "what part of scam do you not understand." Then again, even if was never delivered, I at least would have an imaginary CF-4.  On the good side, my new Arizona friend has decided to sell me his pair of CF-4 version 1 speakers after all.  And he is for real.

• Like 1