Nice deal on Klipsch Pro KPT-456 and MCM1900

bhendrix

I've been in conversation with Tim Kresko, Audio Rescue in St. Louis.  Tim has experienced some medical challenges and is offering some really good prices for Klipsch Pro to raise some cash.

Tim is offering the KPT-456 for $200 each, or $400 for a pair.  The KPT-456 uses the same LF as the KPT-904; two K-45 woofers.  The 456 uses the venerable Klipsch 1132 HF driver on a tractrix 506 horn.  The cabinets are in really nice shape.  Unlike the 904 where the HF sits naked on top of the LF, the 456 HF is enclosed in a really nice cabinet the same width and depth as the LF.  It looks sort of like the top-hat on a K-horn B model.  These are without networks and can be bi-amped or Crites can fabricate networks.  Bob has the network schematic, so you can roll your own, should you prefer.

Bob M. of Ram Sound and JC speak highly of the 456.

I purchased two pair, JW purchased two pair, two of my local buds are considering some for themselves.  I believe Tim had 13 pair total, so there should be a few pair left for first-come.

Tim also has a complete pair of MCM1900 with networks for $800.  That's a deal!!

He also has some MWM (2 woofers) for $100 and split MWM (1 woofer) for $50.

I'm happy to answer any questions (within my knowledge set) and put those interested in touch with Tim, for those who may need his contact info.

Let the shopping begin . . . .

We may be able to arrange a pony express run from St Louis through KC, Wichita, Oklahoma City, to the DFW area if there is sufficient interest and a willingness to add a few bucks for gas like we did a few years ago for the pony express run from Nashville.

• Like 3

The ones that Tim has listed on Ebay actually come with the Crites Xovers. Is that not the case? https://www.ebay.com/itm/LAST-CHANCE-1-Klipsch-KPT-456-Passive-Loudspeaker-With-New-Crites-Network/183002721356?hash=item2a9bcfec4c:g:I6gAAOSwBxhZlG8C

I was interested in these when he first listed them and I posted them in the Alert section. When contacted, he said he would not ship so that was the end of it for me. I would definitely prefer the crossovers coming with, not really wanting to reach out for a custom mod from Bob. 

I doubt there is a way I could get myself a pair of these delivered to me in Michigan but would definitely listen if someone has a plan. $400 for a pair sure has my interest.

Tim

• Like 1

I will be going to pick up at least two pairs. If anyone is interested in buying from Tim in the Nashville area I can take a covered trailer with me and bring them back for you space permitting. I would imagine there will be plenty of space.

On 2/1/2018 at 5:51 AM, rockhound said:

Tim is a great guy and this is unfortunate for him so let's help a fellow audio nut out. I bought 4-456's and 4 of the mwm splits. I'll figure out what to do with them later at these prices it's a no brainier.

If you ever decide you need to unload a pair of the 456's, let me know.  I'm about 2.5 hours from your area.

I had just bought a pair of KP-450's before these came up. The bass on these is far better than I remember the Cornwalls that have gone through here having and none of the booming box sound I associate with the Cornwalls. These things are big and bad and Cornwalls are kinda cute.  Playing the same music the Cornwalls have played if the bass on the KP-450's is not as deep as the Cornwalls there is much more presence and the bass is not mushy. I expect the 456's to be this and more. I am getting to the point where what I keep for myself is all Pro line and the other stuff I buy and sell because people want it. The pro stuff is more sound and less money and if WAF is not a factor check it out.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/31/2018 at 9:16 PM, bhendrix said:

I've been in conversation with Tim Kresko, Audio Rescue in St. Louis.  Tim has experienced some medical challenges and is offering some really good prices for Klipsch Pro to raise some cash.

Tim is offering the KPT-456 for $200 each, or $400 for a pair.  The KPT-456 uses the same LF as the KPT-904; two K-45 woofers.  The 456 uses the venerable Klipsch 1132 HF driver on a tractrix 506 horn.  The cabinets are in really nice shape.  Unlike the 904 where the HF sits naked on top of the LF, the 456 HF is enclosed in a really nice cabinet the same width and depth as the LF.  It looks sort of like the top-hat on a K-horn B model.  These are without networks and can be bi-amped or Crites can fabricate networks.  Bob has the network schematic, so you can roll your own, should you prefer.

Bob M. of Ram Sound and JC speak highly of the 456.

I purchased two pair, JW purchased two pair, two of my local buds are considering some for themselves.  I believe Tim had 13 pair total, so there should be a few pair left for first-come.

Tim also has a complete pair of MCM1900 with networks for $800.  That's a deal!!

He also has some MWM (2 woofers) for $100 and split MWM (1 woofer) for $50.

I'm happy to answer any questions (within my knowledge set) and put those interested in touch with Tim, for those who may need his contact info.

Let the shopping begin . . . .

We may be able to arrange a pony express run from St Louis through KC, Wichita, Oklahoma City, to the DFW area if there is sufficient interest and a willingness to add a few bucks for gas like we did a few years ago for the pony express run from Nashville.

Are any of these still available? I’m sure I’m too late but I would really love to own a piece of Klipsch history