LaScala Powered By PYLE Receiver ????????

ka7niq

A few years ago, I picked up one of these http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PT588AB/51-Channel-Home-Theater-AV-Receiver,-BT-Wireless-Streaming-(HDMI,-4K-Ultra-and-3D-TV-Pass-Through-Support)

Behold, the PYLE PT588AB 

I bought this El Cheapo Pyle Receiver, for a number of reasons

#1 - It has pre outs

#2 - It has remotely controlled bass and treble controls

#3- It has remote controls subwoofer level

#4 It can be had for under 150.00

At that time, I had Vandersteen 2 CE's and Klipsch Original Forte's. Believe it or not,  it sounded great on the original Forte's, so I threw the Vandersteen's in.  On the Vandersteens, it was shockingly 3 dimensional. 

I go through tons of stuff, and the guy who bought the Vandersteen's returned and insisted I sell him the Pyle PT588AB, so it went to a good home.

I have been driving my LaScala's with a Pioneer D3 digital amp. Recently, I bought a MUSE Chip amp and a Harman Kardon AVR 247.  The Muse Chip amp is ok, but not as good as the Pioneer Elite receiver with the D3 digital amp. However, the Harman Kardon AVR 247 is wonderful on the LaScala's,  compared to the Pioneer.

The Pyle will be here in a week, so we will see how it does ?

The Harman Kardon AVR 247  has sound dropouts, one minute you are watching TV, and the sound drops out, requiring you to turn things off, and then back on :( I am hoping a firmware update fixes it. So far, it is the best of all I have tried on the LaScala's. 

3 minutes ago, ricktate said:

I live near enough to them to go pick up things. They are a few hours away from the Tampa area.

That is a very good deal on a 5.1 receiver. Back when I had the Vandersteens, I  had an ONKYO TX NR 809

The Pyle PT 588AB sounded better, on both the Forte's and Vandersteen's. 

4 minutes ago, ricktate said:

If you only need 2 channel you should try HK 430,630,730,930 models.  I doubt that pyle has more than 30 watts a channel when 5.1.  Integra says 90 in 5.1 but i kind of doubt that also but it is an INTEGRA. 

I have speakers for a 7.1 system, with front height channels. I will lose my front height channels with the Pyle PT588ab, and will also lose on screen display and Internet Radio.

No up sampling either, but it does have 4k bypass. 

27 minutes ago, ricktate said:

If you only need 2 channel you should try HK 430,630,730,930 models.  I doubt that pyle has more than 30 watts a channel when 5.1.  Integra says 90 in 5.1 but i kind of doubt that also but it is an INTEGRA. 

I hear ya! 

These https://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/699ar/index.html and the LaScala's are my current main speakers. The AR 1's are 96 db @1 watt, and have a 500 watt Sunfire amp to handle the bass built in. Power should not be a problem

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I got the Pyle PT 588, but it had a serious problem, on any of the HDMI Inputs, volume was very very low, barely enough to drive the LaScala's :( 

However, on the tuner, it would blow you out of the room. The sensitivity of the tuner was terrible. Pyle took it back, end of that experiment.

I picked up a Refurbished Onkyo Integra 50.3 from Accessories, it sounds pretty good on the LaScala's actually.