SOLD Pending Payment Beautiful Walnut Oil Chorus II pair

jimjimbo

Wow, those are beautiful!!

One question, though.  Even though they are consecutive serial numbers, shouldn't the last digit in the higher serial number speaker be even?  Klipsch doesn't start a serial number run with xxxxx00 do they?  Wouldn't it be xxxx01, xxxx02?

The veneers look like a perfect match, though.  Maybe I'm just weird.:wacko2:

5 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Even though they are consecutive serial numbers, shouldn't the last digit in the higher serial number speaker be even? 

If they sold a single at one point in time it might throw it off.  The veneer certainly looks like a matched pair to me and they ARE consecutive.

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

Congrats to both of you, those are really some beautiful speakers. @jimjimbo I cannot believe you let those things go, not sure you'll ever find a pair that nice again. 

Thank you for the kind words.  However, I don't intend to ever purchase another pair of Chorus IIs, so I don't have to worry about finding another pair that nice....The buyer is very happy, and so am I.

19 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

However, I don't intend to ever purchase another pair of Chorus IIs, so I don't have to worry about finding another pair that nice....

I'm curious, so humor me a bit.  no more Chorus II - because you've moved "up & beyond" them to stuff you like better?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, -js- said:

I'm curious, so humor me a bit.  no more Chorus II - because you've moved "up & beyond" them to stuff you like better?

Not necessarily "up and beyond", just different.  I have found that I prefer my Khorn and La Scala sets for the music that I listen to.  The Chorus IIs were just not getting much play, and I thought it best that someone else enjoy them.  I have collected so much over the years, and like many others here, it became almost an obsession....Through buying and selling and trading, I've been fortunate enough to find some great deals on speakers, amps, preamps, tubes, etc, etc, etc.....Some of them I took on as projects, others because they simply appealed to me, they were a great price, a recognized quality vintage piece.  However, at some point it's time to realize that there aren't enough hours in the day to listen, move things around, reconfigure....And, not to mention that late last year I got a wake up call from my cardiologist who called me a "walking heart attack", and after a quadruple bypass, that certainly helped to put things into perspective as well....

I did the same thing years ago when I became involved in US National and World Championship air rifle competition.  I bought, sold, traded at least 50 high end rifles.  Had custom made stocks and other accessories.  Traveled all over the US to test and compete.  The mentality was exactly like with audio gear now.  It brought me an enormous amount of joy, and I met (and still do meet) some fabulous people.  But.....the collection became overwhelming, and honestly, a bit silly.  So, over the next couple of months I plan on letting go a pretty good chunk of the gear and parts that I have now.  Sorry for the long answer....

• Like 5

@jimjimbo - thanks for the "extended" response ;) - adds perspective.  when I replied earlier, asking, I was trying to remember what models you currently use.  I understand.  we all have to make choices based on what's important to each of us.  what's important to me may only piss you off, or vice versa.  I have to do what I'm at peace with, and you are doing the same.

congrats on your sale.  next up is what?  you need to list some stuff... oh never mind.  I don't need to buy right now anyway.

• Like 1