jolida jd-1000 RC upgrades?

Olomana

19 hours ago, Olomana said:

my jolida amp seems to acting up with humming in the right channel.  I am trying to find schematics and if folks know of people who repair/upgrade tube amps.

mucho mahalo,

Olomana

Have you tried switching cables first and then tubes? Could be one of the two.

• 1 month later...

been super busy and kicked out of the listening room for a while.  hiss was definitely just on one side when I switched the speaker cables.  Then I tried moving the tubes Left to the right and the hiss followed.  Now I gotta figure out which tube or tubes is the culprit.  Given my upcoming month's schedule, should get this sorted by Christmas....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2018 at 3:12 PM, Olomana said:

been super busy and kicked out of the listening room for a while.  hiss was definitely just on one side when I switched the speaker cables.  Then I tried moving the tubes Left to the right and the hiss followed.  Now I gotta figure out which tube or tubes is the culprit.  Given my upcoming month's schedule, should get this sorted by Christmas....

Good to hear that it was something simple. Try to get it sorted before summer when you'll get busier.

• Like 1