Trying to match Belle Klipsch finish

Kalifornian

Yea those Belles have been mellowing for 40 years:) Sunlight does that, even to some degree on walnut. Are they WO or WL? My KHorns are WO and as far as I know Klipsch just used a clear oil finish on them. A couple times in the past about 30 years I have just used Watco Oil finish in "natural" to re finish them. For routine maint. i just use lemon oil. About 5 to 6 years ago i had to replace a piece of edge banding on the tophat and yep it did not match. But it looks better than the cracked broken piece it replaced. I have no idea how to match a 40 yr old patina. Perhaps some more expert woodworking types will jump in.

37 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

No, that's 40 years of vintage goodness on those sweethearts....I'd worry less about the Belles and concentrate on the sub.  

+1

Patina is nearly impossible to replicate but it can be "nearly" duplicated.

Try Oldred's suggestion.

Nothing better than proven experience.

I think oldred has a good solution and it is simple to do.

I had great fortune in finding a Sherwin Williams expert to custom mix a stain that would match a 50 year old wood finish for a house renovation project.

The result was perfection.

The stain can be matched.