Crites vs ALK crossovers

Tony T

They offer upgrade kits, which allow you to keep your Heritage speaker current. They don't offer "rebuild kits" for their older loudspeakers. They keep just enough parts to cover the warranty period, and that's it. Someone in Klipsch stated their position clearly, "we are a loudspeaker company, not a parts company." 

From my experience, the quality of the products is similar.  Excellent results can be achieved with either.  As has been said, better value is entirely subjective.

As to the diplomatic skills of the two individuals, IMO, Bob is the clear winner.  He has earned my respect.  He will continue to get my business.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deang said:

“We don’t want people fixing their speakers, we want them buying new ones.”

9 hours ago, BEC said:

Dean,

Do you remember the rest of that statement?  The part that comes after "we are a speaker company, not a speaker parts company"

Tell me again how and why secondary markets are created?  

No offense to you guys but I really think Klipsch dropped the ball here in this regard. The "oh, your $20 diaphragm blew out? I'm sorry there are no parts available for that but can I interest you in these $4,000 speakers?" routine was not going to last long. 

• Like 1

I’ve mentioned this several times before, but it illustrates how times have changed.  In the mid-70s I used a mobile DJ biz to pay tuition.  Four Speakerlab SKhorns, fed by 600 Watts of Dynaco power, blew the occasional diaphragm in the EV T-35 (same as K-77) tweeters. To get a replacement, all I had to do was call EV on Mobday and a new diaphragm and invoice for less than $20 would arrive from Buchanan, MI by Thursday.

I miss those days, as well as my high frequency hearing.:(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...