Ebay "Brazilian Rosewood" Khorns just listed.

Tony T

Yea, those are scams. They show up regularly on eBay. Those speakers actually belong to a forum member here. So what happens is, they hack an eBay account and list a bunch of bogus items with cheap starting prices. The description says do not bid, but email us to buy it now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tony T said:

If this isn't a scam, I don't know what is.

It is a fraudulent ad. Please report it to eBay. On the ad page, click on "Report item", then there is a sequence of 3 drop menus. If you report it as "Avoiding eBay fees", that is the best way to get eBay's computer program's attention, to have the ad removed.

As for the fraudulent ad, the pictures were lifted from an actual sale back in 2010. Now someone is using these pictures to lure victims into sending money or credit info to a G-mail address on the web page accessed by clicking on "SEE FULL ITEM DESCRIPTION". 

Please report this and all the other similar fraudulent ads to eBay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

It is a fraudulent ad. Please report it to eBay. On the ad page, click on "Report item", then there is a sequence of 3 drop menus. If you report it as "Avoiding eBay fees", that is the best way to get eBay's computer program's attention, to have the ad removed.

As for the fraudulent ad, the pictures were lifted from an actual sale back in 2010. Now someone is using these pictures to lure victims into sending money or credit info to a G-mail address on the web page accessed by clicking on "SEE FULL ITEM DESCRIPTION". 

Please report this and all the other similar fraudulent ads to eBay.

I’ve been reporting those for MONTHS and eBay can’t keep it under wraps. As soon as I report it, 3 more pop up. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, boricua2480 said:

I’ve been reporting those for MONTHS and eBay can’t keep it under wraps. As soon as I report it, 3 more pop up. 

Yep, I first reported it months back and have long since given up. Now there's a pair of RF-7's added to the mix same thing usually listed right under these k-horns.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

I have been reporting the scam ads for years. It is a tiresome, but I can't slack off when I observe people doing bad things. 

On a separate note of people doing bad things, what’s with people bidding on an item and jacking up the price when there’s anything over 15 seconds left in the auction. Why do they do that? Do they think if they bid within the first 5 days of a 6 day listing that somehow they’ll remain the highest bidder and win the auction? eBay bidders make me want to throat punch people. 

1 hour ago, boricua2480 said:

On a separate note of people doing bad things, what’s with people bidding on an item and jacking up the price when there’s anything over 15 seconds left in the auction. Why do they do that? Do they think if they bid within the first 5 days of a 6 day listing that somehow they’ll remain the highest bidder and win the auction? eBay bidders make me want to throat punch people. 

There is  feature called snipe bidding

The eBay scammer keeps hacking into legitimate eBay sellers storefront accounts and then listing HUNDREDS of attractive items, like cameras, bicycles, tools and audio equipment at a cheap starting price. The scammer has recently moved its "Pay through Gmail" link onto a second page, hosted by a false domain web-site. That might indicate that the scammer is getting pushed back due to being reported by us, but eBay should do more to protect its sellers and buyers!