Buying a refurbished receiver with 30 day warranty?

Justin

I'm looking at a refurbished Marantz 6011 to power my rf82's and rc62. This unit only comes with a 30 day warranty.  Unfortunately, a new 6012 is out of my price range. Would you guys take the risk? The other options I'm considering in my price range is Marantz 5012 or Denon 3400.

Depending on price, I say give it a try.  If they are going to fail most electronics will fail in the first 30 days.

I have a 6011, I am the second owner for about a year now.  It has been 100% reliable, sounds great and will drive almost any combination of 9 speakers and 2 subs you can find.  It will drive 11 speakers with an external amp.

Here is the "Official SR6011" thread on avsforum.com for your research pleasure.  I haven't read every post but there are no problems listed that I have seen.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2450130-official-marantz-2016-nr-1607-sr-5011-6011-7011-owner-s-thread.html

And don't forget to get the Marantz app for your Iphone.  It's the best AVR app I've seen.  B)

I bought a refurbished Pioneer receiver from accessories4less a couple months ago and it came with a three year extended warranty for free.  I believe it was because it was under $500 sale price.  Not sure what they offer if it's over $500.