RF-7 III in Natural Cherry (Lots of Photos)

Youthman

I would like to hear your thought on these vs the Forte III.  My wife has tickled the idea of something smaller in the living room, which is mainly used for tv watching.  I told here there are only two speakers I would replace the Cornwalls with. Belies, Forte III,  or RF-7 IIS, ok so that's three.

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, dtr20 said:

Awesome, looking forward to your thoughts

Thanks, I haven't had an opportunity yet to move them into the living room to see how they sound.  I just posted a video in the 2ch Thread.

10 hours ago, TasDom said:

Nice pics YM. That wood on the back side is beautiful. Too bad they didn't do the fronts the same but that's just my opinion.

I know!  It almost looks exotic. 

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

I would like to hear your thought on these vs the Forte III.

I sold the Forte III awhile back after deciding that my ears preferred the RF-7 II.  I will be comparing them side by side to the RF-7 and RF-7 II though.

10 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Very nice! Can't wait t hear your review

Thanks,  my plan is to make 5 or 6 videos of the RF-7 III.  Just posted the first video

10 hours ago, Kain said:

They look awesome

I agree!

9 hours ago, adam2434 said:

Yes, curious about RF-7 II vs. RF-7 III comparison in 2-channel context

That's what I'm most excited about.  I know I prefer the RF-7 II over the RF-7 and RF-83 but am curious how the RF-7 III stacks up against the RF-7 II.  I have to remove the DeanG crossovers in the RF-7 II first and put the stock crossovers back in before I can do any comparisons though.  I will be gone all day tomorrow at my daughter's cheer competition so I won't be able to swap them until Monday night.

after some break-in for the III's.

I'll likely just have them playing constantly over the next several days for several hours at a time.  Honestly I'm not much of a believer on break in time but there is no harm in doing it so I might as well.

And have fun moving those around your rooms!

Don't worry, I got the guns!  LOL

9 hours ago, Schu said:

As always, great presentation and lighting. Thanks for sharing

I appreciate the kind words Shu.

9 hours ago, Schu said:

You got these primarily for 2-channel and not HT?

Yes, the LaScala Trio is here to stay.  There was such a drastic difference between the LaScalas and RF-83, I can't see any of the RF-7 speakers ever taking their place for HT duty.  Although the RF-83 were amazing for HT, the LaScalas just take it to a whole new level.

9 hours ago, Schu said:

I'd like to hear a head to head of the 7iii and P39

That would be interesting for sure.  If you know someone that has a pair that wants to bring them over, I'm down for a showdown. LOL

8 hours ago, willland said:

Love the sides, rear, top, overall cherry finish.

The one thing I didn't like about the Cherry RF-7 II is there was no contrast between the Cherry finish and the Copper Woofers.  The black really makes the woofers pop.  Besides, I have to keep the grills on 95% of the time anyways.

it's the sound that's most important, and I will be hearing them a week from today.

Glad you are able to make the GTG!

• Like 1

Not sold on the front yet

2 minutes ago, Youthman said:

The one thing I didn't like about the Cherry RF-7 II is there was no contrast between the Cherry finish and the Copper Woofers.  The black really makes the woofers pop. 

After watching the unboxing video, they are growing on me very quickly.

Bill

• Moderators

Wait till you see them in person.  I think they are quite gorgeous.  One thing I will say is that the front baffle and bottom plate are finger print magnets...similar to piano finish but I rarely touch my speakers so cleaning them every once in awhile when you dust shouldn't be an issue.

10 hours ago, Youthman said:

Wait till you see them in person.  I think they are quite gorgeous.  One thing I will say is that the front baffle and bottom plate are finger print magnets...similar to piano finish but I rarely touch my speakers so cleaning them every once in awhile when you dust shouldn't be an issue.

One question, will the demo/review be done in family room or theater?

Bill

• Moderators
16 hours ago, willland said:

One question, will the demo/review be done in family room or theater?

Even though the theater room has better accoustics, my plan is to do the comparison in the living room for several reasons:

1.  Much easier to connect equipment since speakers would be in front of my cabinet if they were in the theater room

2.  Living room has the Acurus A200 vs just the Onkyo receiver in the HT.

3.  Living room easily will accommodate more people than the HT

4.  Living room has a wall where the RF-7 can have some boundary gain where in the theater room, they would be 4' from the front wall.

Why do you ask?  What do you have in mind?

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Out with the old and in with the new. Kick the LASCALAS to the curb and bring in the latest RFIII

Haha...don't think that will ever happen.

24 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Let me know when that is going to happen so I can make the trek to your house for the pickup:D:D:D

That's what I thought.  :lol:

The RF-7 III are going in the living room to compare to the RF-7 and RF-7 II.

• Sad 1