KLF C7 as LCR?

efzauner

Hello

Anyone using 3 KLF-C7   or similar as LCR setup?   I currently use one as a center  with KLF20s or other large as L+R but the mids.tweets are at the lower left and right of my 110inch acoustically transparent screen.  I have a pair of C7s as rear surrounds that I could use as L+R behind the screen.   

Anyone with this sort of setup?  I know I could try it but looking for input.   Do behind the screen L+R improve sound a lot vs  floor standing L+R that are not up high.

Thanks

30 minutes ago, efzauner said:

Hello

Anyone using 3 KLF-C7   or similar as LCR setup?   I currently use one as a center  with KLF20s or other large as L+R but the mids.tweets are at the lower left and right of my 110inch acoustically transparent screen.  I have a pair of C7s as rear surrounds that I could use as L+R behind the screen.   

Anyone with this sort of setup?  I know I could try it but looking for input.   Do behind the screen L+R improve sound a lot vs  floor standing L+R that are not up high.

Thanks

I ran 3 RC-7's for awhile recently in my bedroom system and it worked great. When I moved up to matching RF-5 towers for mains I liked the improvement. Generally larger speakers are going to sound better give a fuller sound. If you feel the 20's are not high enough have you tried tilting them back slightly so the speakers are aimed upwards at all? As long as the mids are firing at approx. ear level at the listening position they should be fine. 

3 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I ran 3 RC-7's for awhile recently in my bedroom system and it worked great. When I moved up to matching RF-5 towers for mains I liked the improvement. Generally larger speakers are going to sound better give a fuller sound. If you feel the 20's are not high enough have you tried tilting them back slightly so the speakers are aimed upwards at all? As long as the mids are firing at approx. ear level at the listening position they should be fine. 

thanks, yes the KLF20s  and the C7 mids are at about ear level when we sit on the sectional sofa  But ear level is at the lower part of the screen. Was wondering if the HT experience improves if the speakers are directly behind the screen vs lower left and right. 

behind a transaprent screen should be better if they line up right

theres some good leeway on placement...if you move your head up and down and hear the tweeter better than the klfs arent ideally placed but equal to the mids could be fine if you sit at least 7 feet away

center channels usually have horns that arent symmetrical so turning them sideways often makes them less consistent

ideally you would have 3 klf20s  behind the screen it would be an impressive upgrade in quality and surround sound

2 hours ago, burninator said:

I believe @teaman has a KLF-C7 LCR setup.

I was running KLF-20's as fronts with KLF-C7 as center and L/R height channels. Since the center C7 was oak and the rest were black it didn't last long. I would imagine that three KLF-C7 across the front, or 3 RC-7 across the front would sound very good. I used three RC-3 ii across the front three in my bedroom set up right now and they work really well.

Tim