Super Bowl thread and Poll

jimjimbo

Super Bowl thread and Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the big game tonight?

• Want To Win - Patriots
    • Want To Win - Eagles
    • Will Win - Patriots
    • Will Win - Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/18 at 06:00 AM

I have to confess, I peeked at the last few plays.

I fully admit, good game.  B)

+++

Full props to @jimjimbo as he made his prediction 12 hours ago that the Eagles would win.  :emotion-21:

As opposed to my prediction, which was made with 3 minutes to go in the fourth quarter with the Eagles leading and Brady had just fumbled.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Arrow#422 said:

Late to the party, but as a MI resident I like to bet AGAINST the MI contingent only because they recruit TOP talent and routinely fail to deliver.

This is why the local kids gather behind MI State.

Eagles.

They are due, unless the "dy-nasty" can pull out some Bs for the cause.

No "deflate gate" in this one, and NO $$$ on the line.

Fun to watch.

Even though Patricia is coming to D-twa, I not sold that he can remedy the accountability issues in THAT locker room.

Enjoy the game boys -and girls.

Congrats to the Philly Eagles.

Slightly apologetic for the slighted view & lack of confidence in an aged QB from the U of M.

Brady's had his, so it was time for another. 

Great for Folles, but where's that leave Wentz?

Patricia is coming to Detroit, but it'll be a few years to get the roster in shape.  

Will the fans have the patience necessary to field a winning / championship contending team - at any time?

Will ownership have the tenacity to hold their high dollar players & coaching staff ACCOUNTABLE?

If not, it is all for not.

Fingers crossed for the future.

8 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

Great for Folles, but where's that leave Wentz?

Wentz is still the Eagles franchise quarterback. 

Folles will be rewarded with a very nice paycheck next year if the Eagles cut him loose as being the defending Superbowl MVP.

The Eagles could decide to sell Foles, if he has another dominant outing, while his value is at its highest and acquire a decent draft pick in exchange for his services, which could then be used to bolster the team around Wentz.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-super-bowl-ranking-nick-foles-top-10-landing-spots-for-next-season/

Eagles. FTW! Excellent work Philly!

...And my hats off to another performer this past year.....our make shift Gray-Hoverman TV antenna.

Cobbled together out of a piece of cardboard, tape, and some leftover speaker cable, we used it to catch every NFL game we watched OTA this year in full HD and Dolby Digital surround sound. No short feat considering that even in half-bridge configuration, and placed on our floor, it still pulls 65% signal from a tower nearly 40 miles away on Mt. Lemon!

GHant.thumb.jpg.1949a04cac04f74980a31e4e12c25716.jpg

SigStr.thumb.jpg.89645ade36c4e0376b0f8a35ceb4c3f4.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Quiet_Hollow said:

Eagles. FTW! Excellent work Philly!

...And my hats off to another performer this past year.....our make shift Gray-Hoverman TV antenna.

Cobbled together out of a piece of cardboard, tape, and some leftover speaker cable, we used it to catch every NFL game we watched OTA this year in full HD and Dolby Digital surround sound. No short feat considering that even in half-bridge configuration, and placed on our floor, it still pulls 65% signal from a tower nearly 40 miles away on Mt. Lemon!

GHant.thumb.jpg.1949a04cac04f74980a31e4e12c25716.jpg

SigStr.thumb.jpg.89645ade36c4e0376b0f8a35ceb4c3f4.jpg

It's flat there isn't it?

35 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

I was lucky enough to fall asleep right before halftime so I missed the show. Was it any good?

Mark

No.

44 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

I was lucky enough to fall asleep right before halftime so I missed the show. Was it any good?

Mark

Not really, just the typical hype surrounding a group of overpaid individuals playing a game of catch on TV for the sake of "entertaining" us - or providing a means to place wagers and make a select few in Vegas even MORE $$$.

11 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

Not really, just the typical hype surrounding a group of overpaid individuals playing a game of catch on TV for the sake of "entertaining" us - or providing a means to place wagers and make a select few in Vegas even MORE $$$.

Not hardly.   Two groups of very physically talented, and intelligent, individuals going at it on a field of a hundred yards.  Boil it down as you will, but, what I saw was a great game, battle of wills.  They get paid the money because they can do what you and I can't, showed on the field tonight.  Ever played the game?  I only did in HS, was tough for me then.  Can't imagine what it's like at that level.  Vegas tries to make money on whether Punxsutawney Phil will come out of the hole or not.  It's ROI, they make their franchises dough because people watch,  in bunches.  How many sporting events close the nation as the Super Bowl, none.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

Not hardly.   Two groups of very physically talented, and intelligent, individuals going at it on a field of a hundred yards.  Boil it down as you will, but, what I saw was a great game, battle of wills.  They get paid the money because they can do what you and I can't, showed on the field tonight.  Ever played the game?  I only did in HS, was tough for me then.  Can't imagine what it's like at that level.  Vegas tries to make money on whether Punxsutawney Phil will come out of the hole or not.  It's ROI, they make their franchises dough because people watch,  in bunches.  How many sporting events close the nation as the Super Bowl, none.   

It's still stupid money, paid to grown men - and women, to play a GAME.

Contracts in the $100's of millions are being paid to individuals negating the ability of an average  fan to even attend a game.

Is a sports player worth a BILLION dollars over the course of a career?  WOW, I say no.

As I age, I see the ridiculousness of it all especially the "made for television" stages that are sold to the masses.

Great reason for a get together party though, but to get hung up on the outcome of the game - not so much.

Pappy used to say:  Will this matter in 100 years?  

If not, then........do not be at all bothered by it.

• Like 1

My preference is to attend the local High School athletic competitions.

Autumn football games offer the best $5 admission cost that I can think of.

Nearly all HS sports admissions - here - are $5.  

Kids at that age still enjoy the game for what it is - a game.

The competition is just a bonus.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

It's still stupid money, paid to grown men - and women, to play a GAME.

Contracts in the $100's of millions are being paid to individuals negating the ability of an average  fan to even attend a game.

Is a sports player worth a BILLION dollars over the course of a career?  WOW, I say no.

As I age, I see the ridiculousness of it all especially the "made for television" stages that are sold to the masses.

Great reason for a get together party though, but to get hung up on the outcome of the game - not so much.

Pappy used to say:  Will this matter in 100 years?  

If not, then........do not be at all bothered by it.

I completely hear what you're saying.  But, if you make your company X amount wouldn't you expect Y in return?  The American public puts these people in an extremely high profile.  It's what fans want.  Mark Zuckerburg played with an entity called Amazon.  No one is shunning him for his efforts.  To further your point, one of my young ladies brought this up.  8 people in the world have as much money as 50% of the World's population.  Sick, quite really.  As for made for TV, the Kardashian world needs to be obliterated.   Why America, why?