Favorite Sports Movie

Ceptorman

22 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

What are your favorite sports based movies? Mine are based on true stories and both based in Indiana....Hoosiers and Rudy. I give the nod to Rudy, great movie.

In no particular order........

The Natural

Million Dollar Baby

Knute Rockne All American

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

on any sunday.....

Winner!!!

I had completely forgotten about that one, where's my brain?

I was racing motocross and hare scrambles when that movie came out.  What a fantastic movie that was.  It featured Steve McQueen and Baja 500 winner Malcolm Smith on Husky 400's doing some dessert racing and out just trail riding and playing in the dessert.  It was nothing but pure fun, you could tell just by looking at them.

Thanks for posting that.  Great memories. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Winner!!!

I had completely forgotten about that one, where's my brain?

I was racing motocross and hare scrambles when that movie came out.  What a fantastic movie that was.  It featured Steve McQueen and Baja 500 winner Malcolm Smith on Husky 400's doing some dessert racing and out just trail riding and playing in the dessert.  It was nothing but pure fun, you could just by looking at them.

Thanks for posting that.  Great memories. 

I'm a huge Steve McQueen fan, I knew about his motorcycle and car racing, and Harvey Mushman. What I didn't know until about 10 years ago, was he was born about 5 miles from me! My Dad told me that. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Forgot about the 1966 movie "Grand Prix". They did it right and captured the aura of the sport, which started to take another course sometime around the mid 90's.

As someone else stated, there are too many to choose from, but if you can break it up along style lines, it makes it somewhat easier to choose.

• 1 month later...