Pioneer SC-99 USB HD access

Montego

17 hours ago, Montego said:

I know that some on this forum have Pioneer receivers.  Just wondered if anyone had used that feature.  Thanks for your help.

Have you tried another USB device with a few files on it?  It's possible it might just be that Toshiba device having an interface problem with your receiver.  I take it you have looked through the owners guide?

BTW, it's perfectly OK to ask a question like this on this forum.  If you need to know anything about garage door openers or paper shredders, there are current threads about those as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, USNRET said:

Page 67 of the manual states that uncompressed FLAC is not supported.

Thank you.  I missed that.  I'll try compressed or a different format.

As for the other issue, I let it go.  I don't post very often but I get a lot of information here and hope to hang around awhile longer.

6 hours ago, USNRET said:

Page 67 of the manual states that uncompressed FLAC is not supported.

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Ding ding ding ding!!!!!  We have a winner.

OK, so because I am completely clueless, does this mean that there is such a thing as "compressed" FLAC, and that those files would be compatible with this receiver?  If you look at that page in the owners manual, it IS a bit confusing.....

43 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

OK, so because I am completely clueless, does this mean that there is such a thing as "compressed" FLAC, and that those files would be compatible with this receiver?  If you look at that page in the owners manual, it IS a bit confusing.....

I find the manual confusing. One place says yes, then no.
Below is from mr gooogle
FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec, an audio format similar to MP3, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality.

19 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I find the manual confusing. One place says yes, then no.
Below is from mr gooogle
FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec, an audio format similar to MP3, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality.

OK, I get that, but as you said, one part of the manual says yes, and then no.....if there is no such thing as "uncompressed" FLAC, then why even say that?

Just now, jimjimbo said:

OK, I get that, but as you said, one part of the manual says yes, and then no.....if there is no such thing as "uncompressed" FLAC, then why even say that?

I was thinking perhaps the OP had some way to un-compress and save...I have no idea really