Just Purchased R-115sw. STOKED!

tylersmith

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my enthusiasm with the community for my recent purchase of the Klipsch R-115sw. It arrives in a little over a week and I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. I'll be pairing this with my RP-160m mains in our large family room which opens to the kitchen and dining room. This is replacing an R-12sw (which will be moving up to the play room, where I have a surround set up I'm slowly building.)

Anyway, cheers. Stoked to get this beast into my space and hear how it sounds!

T

Edited by tylersmith
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, IMWhizzle said:

I have two of them and I love them. It’s has taken several months to dial them in, tried different spots in the room but I finally found the sweet spot. When dialed in they are awesome.

So it's been about a month and you're right, as I keep dialing it in, it keeps sounding better and better. We watched "How to Train Your Dragon 2" as a family and the super low bass in that film was AWESOME. And it's really impressive for music - crazy to describe a 15" sub as "tight" or "quick" - but it is. :)

On 3/9/2018 at 12:00 PM, dross said:

How does it sound compared to the R12-SW?

R10 R12 sound like your average somewhat boomy and limited subs.  Nice booms and crashes but poor fidelity and weak low end.

The entire R11xSW series is night and day better.  Better smoother response nice low end and worthy of a good Klipsch setup.  115 is the best of the bunch.  115 hits nicely below 20hz and imo is the only one truly worthy of a full home theater experience although the 112sw is pretty close.