Special thanks to Coytee for free speakers/ MWM road trip

JoeM38

I guess I owe Coytee a nod as well, I am the HAPPY recipient of Barts Tuba subs that he no longer needed (at least thats what he told himself) I had no idea how one of the tuba subs would sound and after a couple hours listening I can say they are head and shoulders above what I had. Now to try and set up a permanent resting place. 

a fast initial measurement shows I no longer have a 20db drop in the 50hz area :) 

Thanks Bart, You are the man !!!  I am sorry you living room looks / sounds so bare, those new subs you are building will fill the gap I am sure. If you will have me back I would love to hear the setup when you are done. I will bring the Pizza / drinks of choice :) 

subs.PNG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, joessportster said:

I guess I owe Coytee a nod as well, I am the HAPPY recipient of Barts Tuba subs that he no longer needed (at least thats what he told himself) I had no idea how one of the tuba subs would sound and after a couple hours listening I can say they are head and shoulders above what I had. Now to try and set up a permanent resting place. 

a fast initial measurement shows I no longer have a 20db drop in the 50hz area :) 

Thanks Bart, You are the man !!!  I am sorry you living room looks / sounds so bare, those new subs you are building will fill the gap I am sure. If you will have me back I would love to hear the setup when you are done. I will bring the Pizza / drinks of choice :)  

Getting rid of the TUBA HTs was a big leap of faith toward the Infinite Baffle project. They are very solid performers.

My wife commented that I might regret it and shouldn't have sold them yet. I certainly hope the IB lives up to its reputation and is an worthwhile upgrade...

I have a lot of work to do and a few holes to cut so I can get the IB up and running.

It was nice meeting you. I will be sure to let you know when I'm done and dialed in so you can come check it out some weekend.

On 7/5/2018 at 8:27 AM, JoeM38 said:

Getting rid of the TUBA HTs was a big leap of faith toward the Infinite Baffle project. They are very solid performers.

My wife commented that I might regret it and shouldn't have sold them yet. I certainly hope the IB lives up to its reputation and is an worthwhile upgrade...

I have a lot of work to do and a few holes to cut so I can get the IB up and running.

Going with Ficaraudio drivers?

8 drivers?  That'll be insane.

I've used Fi for years.  Quality drivers and great people to work with.  Made in the USA as well.

You'll love the IB.  It's every bit as clean as what you have now, goes a good octave lower and frees up floor space.

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

8 drivers?  That'll be insane.

I've used Fi for years.  Quality drivers and great people to work with.  Made in the USA as well.

Yup 8 18s. I'm going from 3 Tuba Hts.Two front and one rear. They had incredible output but dropped around 20hz. Me and my son knew some bottom end was missing at times. 

Scott at FI was awesome to deal with. 

• 3 months later...