Got a new toy!

Boilermaker86

I have a pC12 Plus and an older SVS ported cylinder playing together.

I don't use any of the SVS controls except volume.

Getting the volume set up is a trial and error with so many tracks having the bass at different levels combined with also using them as dual purpose HT and music.

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Maybe it's just me but that compact SVS cylinder is better looking than typical squat black subs by a factor of ten!

Compact, great one Dave.

I do agree, I like the looks of the cylinder.

So far with some listening last night....the biggest thing I noticed was the clarity of the RF7 IIs. There must have been some cancelation going on with the sub 12. For example, I watched IT again and the rain storm was phenomenal. When he is talking to Pennywise in the sewer, the water rushing down was crystal clear. I also popped in Star Wars episode 3 which I thought sounded great on my old HK receiver. I was getting that same feeling again. The highs were great and sounded fantastic. I was hearing every little detail. I am also hearing more definition in the louder bass scenes. The lower notes in dark night are not struggling now. It is amazing 

• Like 1

https://www.avforums.com/review/svs-pc12-plus-and-pc12-nsd-subwoofer-review.268

I found this from the article:

Clean upper bass is less aurally locatable, allowing a higher crossover, which in turn allows the subwoofer to handle more of the onerous bass duties. This not only increases your speakers headroom and lowers their distortion; it allows you to EQ more of the bass response on the one channel that it is cheap and easy to do it on. This increased proficiency in the upper bass increases the impact and speed of musical transients, regardless of crossover point and it gives the current SVS subwoofers more rhythmic drive and pace. They simply sound more engaging with music, rather than the slightly disinterested, slightly detached presentation of years gone by, that seemed at odds with their gusto elsewhere. 

To me what I am noticing more now is the speaker head room. It is noticbly clearer now. It sounds like I have a whole new system. Ran audyssey and so far so good. 

• 2 weeks later...