SOLD: Klipsch CF-3 v3 Medium Oak - Pictures added

avguytx

With my wife and I having made an offer on land to build a new house on, and it being accepted, I'm going to be selling some things off.  I have a pair of Epic CF-3 v3 in Medium Oak that have had some basic changes to them since I've had them the last 3.5 years.  I've removed both back panels and re-glued and screwed them in place using 3/4" red oak all the way around the back panels, some extra bracing inside and some added mass on the top and bottom panels.  The horns and woofer baskets don't have any silicone, Dynamat, silly putty, carbon fiber, plumbers putty, etc., on them so someone can do that if they so feel inclined.  (hehe)  The crossovers were reworked back to a version 2 using Solen caps on the HF and Dayton 5% on the LF and resistors were replaced with Mills Resistors.   Here's the thread on the crossover rebuild.   The cabinets are in great shape as are the grills....no tears or snags...and both emblems are present.  They were missing one when I got them and I ordered a new pair from Klipsch.

I love the way these speakers sound and wouldn't mind keeping them, but, there will be lots of things going in storage soon.  I knew I'd eventually be selling these after the Belle project was done.  Once in the new house, I don't want to be moving things around to listen to something different nor do I care to have a system in every room in the house.  These have been taken care of and never abused and all drivers work as they should but they are 20+ years old, so...  Cabinets are very solid now but not overdone with bracing.  

I will get pictures posted just as soon as I can.  I live in central Arkansas and would be glad to drive a small distance (1.5 hours or so) to meet someone to get these or you're welcome to pick them up at my house.  If I don't know you from this site, you can meet me at the local Police Station, which I work across the street from.  ;)

Priced at $650 for the pair

I also have a pair of KG 2.2 in Oak that match them in their wood color; not perfect shape but quite good.  Those I'll be selling for $75.  I think they are missing their emblems.

The glue wasn't put in them very well and it just took some scraping of the glue and then some whacks with a rubber mallet. Pretty easy with the front baffles off...just 6 screws behind the rubber grill holding "cups" and front panel is off. I also ran a razor blade down that small channel around the back side of the panels. 

8 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

I"m unfamiliar with the CF series, but that's a great price on your KG 2.2s.

He is right on the money with pricing IMO, fair market value.  A fair price to both Buyer and Seller.

He also did a couple of minor mods, bracing the cab and changing out some caps in the XO.  It won't add anything to add to the overall sale price but it is definitely value added to the Buyer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vasubandu said:

If it were not for my aversion to entering Arkansas I might plan a road trip.  

I'm from Arkansas and have the same aversion to driving in Kansas. I would love to try these but alas we are in the process of getting ready to list and move and already have more speakers than room. The RF7s in the bedroom can't even catch a good breath. 

GLWS 

4 hours ago, mojomc said:

I'm from Arkansas and have the same aversion to driving in Kansas. 

I went to college and law School in Kansas and share your aversion to going there. My wife and I left the day after we graduated from law school in 1991 and I have never been back. We actually pulled over  when we crossed the Colorado  border and flipped off the entire  state. Arkansas is actually fine but it has Kansas in its name.

Hmmm - I drive in Kansas every day, sometimes more than once a day. Never an issue and with equipment where an issue could be had. But I am glad your law degree is from KU which whether you like it or not makes you a Jayhawk. (Oh the shame) And although I wasn't present I'd bet someone out west returned your kind gesture. As I said in another post and as a Kansan we were really sorry to see you leave --- ??

52 minutes ago, richieb said:

I drive in Kansas every day, sometimes more than once a day.

@richieb I was being mostly silly when I said that, but Kansas is a strange place. My wife and I lived together a a few years without being married, and half the landlords would not rent to us because we were living in sin.  It was just not the place for us. But I am a Jayhawk and happy to be one.  We were there in 1987 when the basketball team won the national championship.  There were some good times, but I gotta be by the ocean. And I will say that I met many wonderful people in Kansas.  It is the place I hate, not the people.

3 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

@richieb I was being mostly silly when I said that, but Kansas is a strange place. My wife and I lived together a a few years without being married, and half the landlords would not rent to us because we were living in sin.  It was just not the place for us. But I am a Jayhawk and happy to be one.  We were there in 1987 when the basketball team won the national championship.  There were some good times, but I gotta be by the ocean. And I will say that I met many wonderful people in Kansas.  It is the place I hate, not the people.

Looking at your photo you seem fairly young but that landlords would not rent to you cause you were living in sin? When might that of been - the early 1900's??! Hard to imagine in a very liberal college town like Lawrence, even in KS.  I certainly can't blame your preference for the ocean as the closest you get that her is either an ocean of corn or wheat. But being in Lawrence you most likely are aware of the Johnson County area which is as suburban and affluent as any. Rock Chalk

Just now, mojomc said:

We've been pulled over twice in Kansas after leaving CO. Something about out of state tags and Colorado pot laws. Actually walked dogs around our car the first time. Two kids in car seats and my wife and I. Initially pulled over for 7 miles over the limit. Let off with warnings after no drugs found. Other than that no issues with Kansas or its peeps. :ph34r:

Yes, I have heard that happening after CO pot laws went into effect. 

1 minute ago, richieb said:

Looking at your photo you seem fairly young but that landlords would not rent to you cause you were living in sin?

Actually this was all over the phone.  And the fact that back then I was a bit of a smartass did not help.  We like this.

Hello.

Hi, I am calling about the apartment that you have for rent. Is it still available.

Yes.

We are interested in it, could we come see it.

How many of you are there?

Two.

Is the other a girl?

Yes.

Are you married?

No.

I don't rent to unmarried people.

Well, can we come l see it anyway?  If we like it we wll get married.

Click.

The odd thing is that I was serious.  We were committed to each other, but did not care if the state or church blessed our relationship.  In fact, we finally got married over car insurance.  Our car was in her name, and then we bought one together.  When I called to get insurance, I choked when the guy told me the cost, and I asked him why so much.  He said that single men 21-24 are the highest risk group, so I asked him how much we would save if we were married.  He thought that was an inappropriate question, and it was hard to get the answer out of him, but it was $1,200.  So I said "call you back." I asked my wife if she would marry me, and she said yes, which was sort of a running joke. She wanted to get married, and I really didn't because marriage has its origins in treating women as chattel (the father really did give the bride away). So I used to ask her if she would marry me, and when she said yes, I said, "Just checking." But this time I said nothing, and I went and applied for the marriage license.  Three days later, I just dropped by the courthouse with her, and we got married. Big surprise for her.  So if would get married to save money on car insurance, I would get married for a great apartment. Total cost of our wedding was $40 including the tip to the judge.  Some people say this sounds awful, but we just had our 30th anniversary.

Rock chalk Jayhawk.

• Like 3