in the back between the surrounds? Is it a set of front effect speakers

between the center channel and the front mains? What the heck is it? If

anyone out there knows, please shoot me an email or show me your layout. I'd

like to see some of your plans on how to layout your home theatre. Thanks to

all.

Cheers.

User Name

------------------

The 6 in 6.1 is for a rear channel. I am using two outlawaudio.com 1050 6.1 receivers in two systems. One receiver drives a modification of the now discontinued Klipsch THX system with two Klipsch Reference RS-3s (very similar to the THX speakers) as the rear channel (one would have done it but they are sold in pairs). The surround effect is noticeably enhanced by the addition of a rear channel. My other 6.1 system uses two Klipschorns with 4 La Scalas and two sets of Heresy components for the center channel in a cabinet I built which holds a 32" TV with mid & tweeter horns on top and bottom of the monitor all atop the two woofers in a big enclosure on the floor. Both sound fantastic and both use Klipsch sub woofers for the .1 LFEs and in case of the THX for regular bass, as well. I use a pair of the now discontinued Klipsch LH10s with the Heritage system and a Klipsch SW12II & a KSW15 with THX system. They both sound fantastic with movies although I greatly prefer the old heritage speakers for music.

Ericm121 - I don't have 6.1, but other posts I have read say it really fills in the surround. Much smoother left-right pans. If you have your old Dolby Pro receiver still around, try hooking the rear pre-amp outs from your DD receiver into the left/right pre-amp ins on the DP receiver. Then, hook your rear speakers to the front left/right outputs of the DP receiver, hook a spare speaker into the center channel of the DP receiver, place it between your rear speakers, and give it a listen. Of course, you'll have to balance the volumes with the front speakers. Presto- you've got pseudo 6.1!

Doug