KLF20 guy

rorymor

Hello looking for advice I currently have a  Denon AVR3802 KLF20 fronts some old DA PS10A rears and a Definitive 500 w 15 inch sub this system is in the house (love it) but I have about $1200 to spend on a new garage system and I'm hoping it will compare with my house system was considering R28F or RC62 ll  etc....or should I consider 4 smaller speakers? and maybe trying out a Yamaha RX-v681 I don't know much about the newer equipment so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would like to stream music from my iPhone at times and maybe run some remote speakers under the lean to so looking for an AVR receiver that will get that done,  I'm sure I wont be able to wind up the sound in the garage like I do the house I have houses fairly close by........well maybe once and a while :)  This is probably small potatoes $ but I want to make the most educated decision I can. thanks.

8 hours ago, rorymor said:

..I would like to stream music...

If you find an AVR you like but doesn't have streaming capabilities, connect a Bluetooth adapter like this one and you're good to go.

R28Fs are two way and sound different than the three way KLF-20. If you love the sound of your 20s, I'd look for another three way model like the Heresy (I, II, or III), Forte II, or Chorus II. Or, like burninator said, try and score another KLF-20 pair.

I will look at some 3 way offerings sounds like its going to be hard staying on budget, I think I may want to run the tv through the receiver at times but not sure about that would a 2 channel receiver be substantially better sounding vs AV of sililar wattage?  Seems like I can get more for my money with an AV

On 2/7/2018 at 8:49 PM, rorymor said:

Seems like I can get more for my money with an AV

Especially if you're ok with a model 2 or 3 years old. Accessories4less.com has excellent deals on new receivers that are now discontinued. Many have at least a 1 year manufacturer's warranty.

Here's a good example of what they have. This Pioneer has Bluetooth and wireless built in:

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/pionvsx830k/pioneer-vsx-830-k-5.2-ch-x-80-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html