Permanent wanted: CF-4 rev. 1 or other CF

vasubandu

Every since I saw the CF-4, I knew I wanted one.  That was a long time ago, and while I have had some close calls with real ones and lucky escapes from scammers, I still do not have one to my name.  I am in Seattle, which seems to be at least a thousand miles away from any other member here. But if you are distant and willing to work with me, I can arrange shipping.  If you have one now or in five years that you want to sell, let me know, and I will be a buyer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vasubandu said:

Could you orient a CF-4 sideways or would that mess things up?

Sure.  I'm not sure why, but when that horn goes into a vertical orientation the sound is fantastic.  My best guess is because the horn is a little more focused, the directivity holds its pattern longer.

I would still recommend running the CF-4 in an upright position, maybe raising it a 12-18" so the center of the horn is slightly below ear level.  A horizontal orientation is not ideal for an MTM, vertical is always better.

Thanks @avguytxfor the heads-up, I did not see the earlier request for info.

(top to bottom, L to R:)  CF-4, DIY Cheap Thrills 15" woof, 12" SEOS waveguide.  Vizio 26" HDTV, Samsung 15" computer monitor, 32" Samsung HDTV/computer monitor used for the dual monitor setup, Sherborne SR120.  You can't quite see it but there is a sealed DIY 15" sub w/500 wpc plate amp just below and to the right of the Sherborne AVR.  That is a Hakko FX 88d soldering station  below the 15" monitor.  This is a small bedroom size room turned Mancave. 

CF-4 computer setup.JPG

4 hours ago, vasubandu said:

Could you orient a CF-4 sideways or would that mess things up?

If you're thinking of a center channel, I believe the KV-4 is the intended center for the CF series.

Or go the DYI route like avguytx suggested. It's best to have the same model speaker as your front stage (left, center, and right channel).

Every since I saw the CF-4, I knew I wanted one.  That was a long time ago, and while I have had some close calls with real ones and lucky escapes from scammers, I still do not have one to my name.  I am in Seattle, which seems to be at least a thousand miles away from any other member here. But if you are distant and willing to work with me, I can arrange shipping.  If you have one now or in five years that you want to sell, let me know, and I will be a buyer.

There's currently a pair of CF-1's in Salt Lake City on the ksl.com classifieds. KSL is a Salt Lake radio and TV station that hosts a nice classified section. It's the Craigslist of Utah.

There are no pics but you could contact the seller through his ad and request pics. Good luck with your search.

Chuck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, the thing is a CF-1 is like the obnoxious little brother of CF-4 who always wants to hang around.  I mean 2 8 inch woofers and a 1" tweeter?  I mean my center has 2 8-inch woofers and a 1.75'' magnetically shielded, titanium diaphragm compression driver. And as it says, 'honey, if you can't keep up with me, maybe you should go play in the street." I mean out of desperation, I would sully myself with the 10-inch woofer of the CF-3, but it would know that I didn't really love it and would send it off the eBay the moment a CF-4 came around.  

It is a sickness, but I am not the only one with it, and we are proud.

41 minutes ago, hogwylde09 said:

Must be the world's most held on to speaker

You know it would be interesting to know how many of each series / models were sold back in the day. I was curious about this back when I was searching for my Chorus 1's as they seemed to rarely come up for sale compared to other models. I wonder if Klipsch kept / keeps track of such info?

3 hours ago, jjptkd said:

You know it would be interesting to know how many of each series / models were sold back in the day. I was curious about this back when I was searching for my Chorus 1's as they seemed to rarely come up for sale compared to other models. I wonder if Klipsch kept / keeps track of such info?

+1

1 hour ago, vasubandu said:

@Arrow#422 I have made several tries through different channels at Klipsch and been told that information is not available to me.  I have no idea if they have it or not. I kind of tend to doubt it.

"that information is not available to me"

That pretty much sums it up - The information "may" be available & on record, but you and roughly 328,000,000 others in this great nation are NOT going to be granted access.

When I talked to Jim the Klipsch historian about my history table, he was very excited about it.  But he said that I would have to sign a nondisclosure agreement to see anything.  I told him that I would be happy to, but it seemed kind of odd when we were discussing old speakers.  Then Klipsch corporate kicked me out of the Facebook Klipsch group, so I turned my attention to the subwoofer of insanity.

On 2/6/2018 at 10:47 PM, vasubandu said:

Hey Vasu,

have you heard any of the Epic speakers as of yet?