Forte II, I almost threw the towel in

lionheart-uk

Forte2 great speaker that is not power hungry, 25W should be plenty.

Someone wrote and interesting post on impedance matching with tubes and Klipsch gear, may explain some of the differences in performance across the frequency spectrum with the various amps.

Is there still the sandwich place in the little church in Chichester around the corner from Marx and Spencer ?

Someone wrote and interesting post on impedance matching with tubes and Klipsch gear, 

True, the early Sugden is always quoted as being very valve like and it is, a couple of the non valve amps that were passable with the Fortes also have been described as being valve like are all low powered, the Marantz 2230 would be a prime example I guess.  As soon as you raise the power of the amp you seem to lose everything that is good with these speakers and end up with a squarking hell of a sound.  I used a 200w class D Nuforce amp and it was truly the worst combo I have ever heard,  although I can't discount all modern class D amps as the cigarette boxed sized 25wpc Temple Audio amp performed admirably.  

57 minutes ago, lionheart-uk said:

lol  Yes it's still there, my daughter goes to Chichester University and tells me she recommends the smoked ham and English mustard rolls if you're passing that way.

Funny, but I think I can still taste my meal when I think of the Church...sandwich and a cup of tea.

..unfortunately I think i outgrew my nice sweater purchase at the MS store.....also something to do with food......

Any chance your daughter can send a few pics to post of the place, for some reason I think of it...

..there is also the curry place near Covent Garden.....subject for another day....

Post the pics here, I'll see them.....

PS I can completely butcher several languages and did learn some non-colonial English on various business trips.... got valves another diabolical evil invention from the UK along with steam power and penicillin ..... pipe and slippers guessed correctly using J. Bretts interpretation of Holmes.