SOLD - Super Nice HK 630 SOLD

jimjimbo

In my continuing quest to pass along some great gear, here is the next beautiful unit offered.  Very, very clean HK 630 Twin Powered Receiver.  Recently serviced, tuner aligned, all controls cleaned, all lamps are good.  Sounds terrific as all the HK X30 units do, fantastic channel separation with terrific clarity in the mid and high range, and excellent low end response due to the twin power supplies for each channel.   Has preamp out and main in, and can power two sets of speakers at once, which is great.  The tone controls can be adjusted for each channel, something many high end amps and receivers had stopped doing making their use even more limited. All in all, this is a first rate unit with attention to almost every part. Only reason I'm letting this go is that I have a HK730 as well, and that's not going anywhere.....

Price is $375 SHIPPED.  Located in N. Indiana.  Discount for local pickup.  Please PM me if interested.  Thanks for looking.

owner manual at:

http://manuals.harman.com/HK/Owner%27s%20Manual/HK630om.pdf

IMG_4462 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4463 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4465 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4466 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4464 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4467 (Medium).JPG

• Like 1

• Moderators

Very nice, one of my favorites, the HK twin powered just have a great sound, hope someone gets it, good luck. I will never get rid of the one I have, sounds wonderful on Cornwalls, or anything else I tried it on.

1 hour ago, TFR1 said:

@jimjimbo

Browsing last night and noticed you had a Marantz 2285 for sale.

How does the HK compare?

The Marantz was sold......Hmmmmm......good question, but not particularly easy to answer.....but I'll try.  The vintage Marantz are noted for their warmth of tone, and having 85 watts per channel, quite a bit of headroom over what you would ever need with just about any Klipsch speaker.  The HK 630, while it does have some of that vintage warmth, also is noted for it's clarity across the frequency range and bass response, due to it's dual power supplies and superb channel separation.

If there's anything else you need to know about the HK X30 line of receivers.....ask Andy!!... @HDBRbuilder

• Thanks 1

Someone will be glad they bought this.  $375 shipped is a good deal for a recently serviced h/k 630.  

It cost ~$30 ($300 insured value) to recently ship an h/k 430 by FedEx from Birmingham, MI to Madison, WI.  These excellent twin powered receivers are heavy.

Bill, @WillyBob, this would be an excellent choice to drive La Scalas.