Cornwall Veneer.

Toxicant

They may have been a special order, but more than likely they were built by/for somebody who worked at the plant.  Check the labels for a red over-stamp saying something like "not for resale" or even better, somebody's name stamped into the rear edge of the top panel on them.  The real question is....do BOTH motorboards' grain patterns match each other?  If so, then a pair of K-horn front panels is probably what was used when they were built....PROVIDED they came that way FROM the factory.

There certainly is one OTHER possible type of explanation....they were custom builds by someone who worked there (I built MOST ALL of the Cornwalls in 1982, and I would have remembered this build, which I don't!) for resale to somebody they knew after keeping them for a year.  Or somebody built another pair of cabinets and just used the original back panels (with their labels attached) on the new cabinets.