Quasi-Official CF-4 Sightings Thread

vasubandu

It occurred to me that we have enough people who want a CF-4 that we ought to have a place share intelligence, cooperate and triangulate.  I am assuming that we all share the sentiment of finder's right of refusal, but we also agree that when a deal is not possible, it is preferable for another member to get it than for some butler to come pick it up for someone with more money than love for music and put it in a speaker museum forever.  And perhaps this could be a place for us to discuss all the wonderful tings about CF-4.  I guess that CF-3 are welcome as well, and perhaps a mint CF-2 with Crites upgrades, but I trust we will not be hearing about that other one. Now let's go find some.

8 hours ago, vasubandu said:

OK for our first post, I am pretty certain that the only live CF-4 at the moment is in St. Louis on CL.  But it is only available as part of a $2,600 deal.  I tried pretty hard to wrestle it loose.  You are free to give it a try.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/ele/d/unique-2-channel-home-stereo/6443794582.html

This type of thing belongs in the Alerts under Garage Sale, not this area.

If we do, I have not seen it, and I have tried to look everywhere.  And it seems that this is so specific and the people who want CF-4s want them so much and will go to such lengths to get them that it deserved its own space.  If not, someone can move or kill it. It just felt like a different topic to me.

11 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

@jimjimbo keeps saying this belongs elsewhere, but I don't think I can move it.  Can a mod do that?

Jim was correct and the thread is now in its proper place thanks to a Mod.

No problem to you @vasubandu as you are new here and it's not always obvious what goes where.  It takes a while to figure this place out.  B)

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

No problem to you @vasubandu as you are new here and it's not always obvious what goes where.  It takes a while to figure this place out. 

I actually do try to figure it out and I have been looking for subwoofer advice in AVS, which has a totally different system. If I put something in the wrongplace or dosomething else wrong, mods are free to just delete it.  I will not take offense and i won't complain.

Klipsch Epic CF-2 Speakers - $500 (East Barre) 

https://vermont.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-epic-cf-2-speakers/6492430119.html

Here is a great pair of Klipsch Epic CF2 Speakers. These sound awesome. Whether you have a 200 watt power amp or a 10 watt tube amp, these will please you in every way. These do not come around often.