Quasi-Official CF-4 Sightings Thread

vasubandu

Klipsch Epic CF-3 White Wash - $500 (Dallas - Lovers Lane) 

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/d/klipsch-epic-cf-3-white-wash/6480151851.html

Purchased from a friend that was the original owner of these speakers. They are just too big for me. 
There is a water(ring) stain from a cup on the top of each cabinet They are in great shape except the water stains.
$500 firm - no trades

2 hours ago, Kdenn011 said:

Holy cow that is an impressive collection of gear. 

He had several Klipsch speakers, including some Crites XO and tweets upgraded Belles for $3,000, that's close to double the going price.  $2,000 and up is Khorn country.

3 minutes ago, avguytx said:

The "going price" is different all over the country as is what people are willing to pay.

Absolutely true!  A willing Seller and a willing buyer IS the bottom line. 

+++

Gotta go.  I'm a willing Buyer and I just got a note right now.  I have to meet a willing seller about an Emotiva XPA-5.  Road trip.  :D

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, mimalmo said:

Picked up these a few minutes ago. There are deals out there. Just gotta be patient.

Nice!  :emotion-21:  :emotion-19:  :emotion-22:

What's the story?  At that price, obviously you knew what you were looking at.  I don't know what version those are but you beat the average by at least four hundred bucks! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

What's the story?  At that price, obviously you knew what you were looking at.  I don't know what version those are but you beat the average by at least four hundred bucks! 

This is 30 miles away from me, but I can't justify the price unless I am missing something.

Hifiheaven.net has used Heresy III for $649 http://hifiheaven.net/shop/Klipsch-Heresy-III-pre-owned?language=en&currency=USD&gclid=CjwKCAiAk4XUBRB5EiwAHBLUMUiX5vP6bC-5UHWsLwfdNz3uJRZp9q8V_4aTkNctgON1yPp1r9EgdRoCTZAQAvD_BwE

New Audiovideo has them for $735.  http://www.newaudiovideo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9856

One CF-3 is like a little brother who wants to tag along all the time.

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Well, the story is longer than it ought to be but it's fun to share.

I'm into old-school car audio gear as much as I'm into home theater & hi-fi gear. Searching for a JL Audio subwoofer last summer, I landed upon an ad for "a 15-inch JL woofer" for only $50. The picture was garbage but I went any how and picked it up. The kid selling it didn't know what it was or if it worked. I forked over $50 and left.

Later at home, I figured I should remove the woofer from its enclosure and determine which series it was. I was guessing that it was the cheaper model. As I'm removing the screws from the sub box, I realize it's not a 15" woofer but rather an 18" woofer. I quickly removed the last few screws, flipped over the driver and discovered I had found a JL Audio 18W6 - a fairly rare and hard to find speaker. Mine was a bit rough but I knew it still had value.

Fast-forward to this past weekend; I'm cleaning out a closet full of electronics and re-discover the JL 18W6 sitting there (am I the only one that has enough spare gear to outfit an entire neighborhood with audio?). I decide that it's way too big for me to use in my daily driver car so I list it on a  couple local web groups for vintage car stereo gear with an asking price of $250. Within minutes, I get replies from several interested parties and ended up selling it Sunday night.

After returning from meeting up with the buyer of the JL 18W6, I see the Craigslist ad for the CF3's but it's too far to drive Sunday night so I tell him I'm interested but can't get there until tomorrow (Monday). Note that the price of the CF3's is identical to the JL 18W6 I sold.

To wrap up this long story, I made the 3 hour drive down after work to pick up the CF3's, smiling the whole way home thinking about how I essentially turned my $50 into a pair of CF3's. The gentleman that was selling them said he was moving to San Antonio and couldn't take them with. One owner, some typical scratches, drivers look & sound great, complete set of spikes, decent grilles. I didn't even get a chance to hook them up when I got home tonight. Tomorrow should be fun.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As am I.  I still run an old school Orion 225 HCCA amp at 1 ohm to run my single 10 in the old Chevy truck.  I have a 250SX as well, just sitting in wait to run my mid's and high's.  These are the old 'military grade' boards.  Good stuff.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mimalmo said:

I made the 3 hour drive down after work to pick up the CF3's, smiling the whole way home thinking about how I essentially turned my $50 into a pair of CF3's.

THAT is a great story!  Remember, those were $2,200 new.

And the even greater prize, to be worthy of being called a "Youthman Deal."  B)

@Youthman

2 hours ago, WFP said:

but today picked up 25 albums, BIC 980 TT, Marantz SP 2062s, Marantz Imperial 6-Gs, and a Marantz 2240 for free. Friend bought a house and the last owner left some stuff..

It's hardly a Youthman deal when you pick up a few albums for $150,000. (along with a house)  You gotta do a LOT better than that!  :lol:

Still, free is free. 

EDIT:  I saw directly upstream where Youthman sanctioned the deal.  He's the grand poo-bah of the club, so what he says, goes.  B)

• Like 1