Quasi-Official CF-4 Sightings Thread

vasubandu

2 hours ago, pat_in_dfw said:

I have a SINGLE CF-3 and a SINGLE CF-4 that someone can talk to me about if they're interested.  They need some cosmetic touch-up but both are electronically and sonically sound.

I’m probably not in a financial situation to be buying more speakers, and not even sure you’d be interested in shipping it, but if you are, PM me your asking price for the single CF-4 and I’ll see if I can swing it. Id love to have a center to match my CF-4’s up front. If shipping isn’t an option it’s cool. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vasubandu said:

He laughed his *** off about South Dakota and sait it was my fault for not getting in the car and getting them.

ya know,  its 80 degrees in phoenix today.. make for a nice little vacation.  ;)  i'm right below you in iowa & have been thinking about a vaca all winter!

Hi Vasubandu - been vicariously following/lurking on your CF-4 efforts where I have been passively searching longtime for a singular CF-4 to sit between my Forte IIs - displacing Academy as my center.   I am here locally in Phoenix and if can help in any manner, glad to help out.  Likewise, if you for some reason have desire or reason to split a pair - I can be your guy;)  Keep up the postings, appreciate your adventures!

Best Regards,

Rick 

1 hour ago, rszoke said:

Hi Vasubandu - been vicariously following/lurking on your CF-4 efforts where I have been passively searching longtime for a singular CF-4 to sit between my Forte IIs - displacing Academy as my center.   I am here locally in Phoenix and if can help in any manner, glad to help out.  Likewise, if you for some reason have desire or reason to split a pair - I can be your guy;)  Keep up the postings, appreciate your adventures!

Best Regards,

Rick 

Im curious why not find another Forte as a center? That would be relatively easy to come by. A CF-4 seems like an odd match when there’s others that are more closely matched to the Forte...I.E. another Forte. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pat_in_dfw said:

I have a SINGLE CF-3 and a SINGLE CF-4 that someone can talk to me about if they're interested.  They need some cosmetic touch-up but both are electronically and sonically sound.

I would be interested in that CF-3. Where are they located and would you consider shipping?

Round and round we go, where we stop, nobody knows. Of course it would help to know which ride to get on. I've seen 6 year olds make faster decisions on what they want, they don't drag it out forever. They make a decision and go with it. None of this poll taking "What do you think about this, is this a fair price, is the condition what I want, my left nut itches, which hand should I use or should I ignore it and hope it goes away? Set a price, stick to it! Pick a model and stick to it! Why does a grown man need approval from people he doesn't know. I was lucky, I had people very knowledgeable help me, but the also let me step on my own dick along the way. A learning lesson. We all make mistakes along the way, hopefully you learn from it. 

Now go buy some Klipsch speakers on your own( be a big boy and put on your big boy pants) Share the purchase with the forum and ask for feedback or if you thick you screwed up don't ask, just show us what all this research (for you, torture for us) If you did good you will be complimented, if not you will be probably get the " that's a good starting point, pretty good move, now you have a starting point and can set a goal and direction. 

Pull the trigger and buy something or tell us this is going to continue, we (most of us are armed) can then point our own guns at our heads and put ourselves out of this misery

Mark

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Round and round we go, where we stop, nobody knows. Of course it would help to know which ride to get on. I've seen 6 year olds make faster decisions on what they want, they don't drag it out forever. They make a decision and go with it. None of this poll taking "What do you think about this, is this a fair price, is the condition what I want, my left nut itches, which hand should I use or should I ignore it and hope it goes away? Set a price, stick to it! Pick a model and stick to it! Why does a grown man need approval from people he doesn't know. I was lucky, I had people very knowledgeable help me, but the also let me step on my own dick along the way. A learning lesson. We all make mistakes along the way, hopefully you learn from it. 

Now go buy some Klipsch speakers on your own( be a big boy and put on your big boy pants) Share the purchase with the forum and ask for feedback or if you thick you screwed up don't ask, just show us what all this research (for you, torture for us) If you did good you will be complimented, if not you will be probably get the " that's a good starting point, pretty good move, now you have a starting point and can set a goal and direction. 

Pull the trigger and buy something or tell us this is going to continue, we (most of us are armed) can then point our own guns at our heads and put ourselves out of this misery

Mark

Not sure if you are talking to @EpicKlipsch or me, but he is in Germany, and it has been a matter of logistics. TransAtlantic shipping is a *****.

As for me, I finally found a pair of CF-4 that is not a scam, not in the middle of South Dakota, and not already sold to someone else.  I am in the process of getting them. Aside from the broken pair on eBay, they are literally the first CF-4 that I have been able to arrange to buy.  Given that the CF-4 appear to slightly rarer than 5-legged unicorns, it seems to make sense to consider other options.  I could tell you almost any detail about the CF-4 even though I have heard them only once and never had one.  But when it comes to KLF-30 and Tangent 500, I dfon't know jack.  They kind of look like the idea of a CF-4, so I ask around. 

I do not know why I chose such an elusive speaker, but I did.  In the meantime, I also have put together a lovely if somewhat unusual system with an RC-7 center, 2 RF-5 towers that have RC-7 tweeters and crossovers, RS-7 surrounds and RC-7 centers with RF-5 tweeters as back surrounds.  I have this monster of a PB2 Plus subwoofer that I have finally realized is showing its age, which is why I am building one or two 32-inch subwoofers.  I ordered those drivers from China and they should be on a boat by now.  I would call that putting my big boy pants on and going out and getting something.  

Hey, you don't happen to have a pair of CF-4s do you?  You could solve both of our problems real quick.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

Not sure if you are talking to @EpicKlipsch or me, but he is in Germany, and it has been a matter of logistics. TransAtlantic shipping is a *****.

As for me, I finally found a pair of CF-4 that is not a scam, not in the middle of South Dakota, and not already sold to someone else.  I am in the process of getting them. Aside from the broken pair on eBay, they are literally the first CF-4 that I have been able to arrange to buy.  Given that the CF-4 appear to slightly rarer than 5-legged unicorns, it seems to make sense to consider other options.  I could tell you almost any detail about the CF-4 even though I have heard them only once and never had one.  But when it comes to KLF-30 and Tangent 500, I dfon't know jack.  They kind of look like the idea of a CF-4, so I ask around. 

I do not know why I chose such an elusive speaker, but I did.  In the meantime, I also have put together a lovely if somewhat unusual system with an RC-7 center, 2 RF-5 towers that have RC-7 tweeters and crossovers, RS-7 surrounds and RC-7 centers with RF-5 tweeters as back surrounds.  I have this monster of a PB2 Plus subwoofer that I have finally realized is showing its age, which is why I am building one or two 32-inch subwoofers.  I ordered those drivers from China and they should be on a boat by now.  I would call that putting my big boy pants on and going out and getting something.  

Hey, you don't happen to have a pair of CF-4s do you?  You could solve both of our problems real quick.

I had a pair in cherry that I bought for $200 maybe 3-4 years ago. The people here who research this stuff can tell you exactly when I had them. The guy had Triton Golden Ears as well, I had my choice. He was going to eventually sell whichever one I didn't buy. The GoldenEars never surfaced to my knowledge. I sold them within a year for $800? They were great speakers, so were the 3s, the KLF 30, 20, 10s and all the other Klipsch I've had. Right now I'm stuck with what I've got. UNLESS.......

Mark

@ZEUS121996 I put quite a bit of time and effort into putting together the set that we have now, and I have to say that to our impression, it is great,  It is so much better than what we had before that I cannot imagine another improvement of that significance.  I don't want to spin my wheels changing to another setup and not see any real difference.  However, those dang CF-4 keep calling to me.  If I could find a set for $400 like the ones in South Dakota, that would simplify things.

The thing that does need to be replaced is the subwoofer. I finally see the PB2 Plus as the dead end it is.If my 32 inch driver experiment works out, then that will be fixed until the house fall down.  And when the price goes back down on my TV, the whole thing may just be leave it alone territory, and I can look at 2 or 3 channel for music.  So I get your point, but you have to remember that not everyone has your experience and knowledge.

And of course things take another turn.  The guy in Phoenix selling the CF-4 pair and I have become something of friends, and he sent me an email about how hard it is to sell them. Said he has been serious into audio for 43 years and  gone through hundreds of speakers.  He kept getting something great expecting it to be better than the CF-4.  Said he bought a pair of JBL Array 1400 speakers for a ton of dough, but had to admit that the CF-4 were better.  Last year it was Duevel Venus omnidirectional speakers, whatever the heck they are, and they failed to live up to the CF-4 either.  Now he is after some Gershman Avante Gardes and needs to make room.  What on earth are all these speakers? Anyway, he said that he will be miserable if the new ones fall short again. He never said he changed his mind or was backing out.  He discussed shipping in the same email, and I just can't him doing that.

So I sent him an email back and said just keep the CF-4 until you get these fancy new speakers and see what you think.  If you like them and want to sell the CF-4, I'll shoot you money right away. But I told him that I would feel horrible if he sold them and had nothing to replace them.  Weird, I guess, but I am just that way.  So I will wait to see what he says.  There have to be more out there.

• Haha 1

Come ON MAN! What is up with this obsession with these speakers. You do realize Klipsch makes like 50 other types that are WAY easier to come by and a lot of them are enjoyed MORE than the Epics right? Don’t get me wrong, Epics are great but you can’t just make these things appear just because you want them. Take it from a guy that’s had a pair of these since like 1998, you’ll never be perfectly happy with whatever speakers you buy. You’ll ALWAYS be looking for cleaner, clearer, more imaging, better vocals, etc. The search for the ultimate audio experience will never stop, so why not take all this energy in searching for something that literally pops up once every 2 years (if that) and try something else out. For instance, I heard a pair of Cornwall’s on a McIntosh tube amp and preamp and it’s one of the best sounding setups I’ve heard in years. And it’s something you could come up with in a very short time period if you so chose.

What I’m getting at here is we don’t need to hear about every single hit and miss with a pair that we all know you DONT HAVE or else we’d be hearing about your take on them after setup. We wanna hear about YOUR EXPERIENCE with the setup you actually have. We wanna hear about what you like and don’t like about YOUR SETUP, not some emails and conversations you had with strangers about how close you were but ultimately didn’t buy. 

If you really want a pair, keep an eye out and you’ll eventually get em. Just please, for **** sake don’t make up another post about ANOTHER pair that got away. At this rate you’ll be flooding this site for years to come about not having a pair of speakers you want, which is a boring subject man. Try something else out. Just because they’re rare doesn’t make them the best. Good luck with your pursuit, but can we hear about the speakers you actually have and enjoy? Lol Sorry for the rant man, don’t take my response the wrong way but I feel like someone needs to be giving you alternatives that you may very well like better. Good luck. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, boricua2480 said:

Come ON MAN! What is up with this obsession with these speakers. You do realize Klipsch makes like 50 other types that are WAY easier to come by and a lot of them are enjoyed MORE than the Epics right? Don’t get me wrong, Epics are great but you can’t just make these things appear just because you want them. Take it from a guy that’s had a pair of these since like 1998, you’ll never be perfectly happy with whatever speakers you buy. You’ll ALWAYS be looking for cleaner, clearer, more imaging, better vocals, etc. The search for the ultimate audio experience will never stop, so why not take all this energy in searching for something that literally pops up once every 2 years (if that) and try something else out. For instance, I heard a pair of Cornwall’s on a McIntosh tube amp and preamp and it’s one of the best sounding setups I’ve heard in years. And it’s something you could come up with in a very short time period if you so chose.

What I’m getting at here is we don’t need to hear about every single hit and miss with a pair that we all know you DONT HAVE or else we’d be hearing about your take on them after setup. We wanna hear about YOUR EXPERIENCE with the setup you actually have. We wanna hear about what you like and don’t like about YOUR SETUP, not some emails and conversations you had with strangers about how close you were but ultimately didn’t buy. 

If you really want a pair, keep an eye out and you’ll eventually get em. Just please, for **** sake don’t make up another post about ANOTHER pair that got away. At this rate you’ll be flooding this site for years to come about not having a pair of speakers you want, which is a boring subject man. Try something else out. Just because they’re rare doesn’t make them the best. Good luck with your pursuit, but can we hear about the speakers you actually have and enjoy? Lol Sorry for the rant man, don’t take my response the wrong way but I feel like someone needs to be giving you alternatives that you may very well like better. Good luck. 

I read something like this upstream. He has a nice set up. Now, I'll give you $900 for that pair of 4s you have if the pics show they are top condition. Price drops as the condition does :lol::lol::lol:

Mark

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, boricua2480 said:

Come ON MAN! What is up with this obsession with these speakers.

I guess you never heard of Jonah and the whale.  It's the thrill of the hunt.  B)

I've looked for various audio items at a certain price points, sometimes for years.  It's a lot of fun to research, to learn, to share with others who are of a like mind.  If you don't like Mr. @vasubandu's stories about his search for a certain speaker, then don't read it. 

I do NOT mean that in a mean way, it's just some of us like following the stories while accepting some don't. 

I don't read threads about tube amps.  I don't dislike those who talk about them, and I don't tell them to stop talking about it just because I'm not personally interested.  I simply don't read them because it's not my cup of tea.