Quasi-Official CF-4 Sightings Thread

vasubandu

1 hour ago, EpicKlipsch said:

Supply & demand: https://www.ebay.de/itm/222840459107?ul_noapp=true 

1000$ dollar for not so perfect CF-4s in Florida (yes again). 

Should I see if he will take $700 and take them to the airport for you?

Hey you know what?  Miami is good, not bad.  Those two CF-4 shipped to Hamburg by boat. 3-4 weeks, $300 for both.

This might be worth some work with with owner.

2 hours ago, alexg5775 said:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/427680869/?ref=Search

dont think these were posted. Cf-4 in Miami for 1k. Not sure what version. I live in Miami i can go take a look at them and help out however I can. 

To to think I sold off my fully modded cf4 for 800 I think. Biggest mistake ever...

fully modded?

4 hours ago, alexg5775 said:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/427680869/?ref=Search

dont think these were posted. Cf-4 in Miami for 1k. Not sure what version. I live in Miami i can go take a look at them and help out however I can. 

To to think I sold off my fully modded cf4 for 800 I think. Biggest mistake ever...

Uhh... last I checked the backs don't just fall off on my CF-4s.

Will it never end? Pair of nice cf2 local on Craigslist for $200. I figure a guy has to start somewhere so I email the seller and say I'll take them. We arrange a pickup the next day. Later she emails me and says someone else offered $250 and really wanted them so she sold them. I mean seriously.

12 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

Will it never end? Pair of nice cf2 local on Craigslist for $200. I figure a guy has to start somewhere so I email the seller and say I'll take them. We arrange a pickup the next day. Later she emails me and says someone else offered $250 and really wanted them so she sold them. I mean seriously.

Seen those and emailed right away, offered $100 cash but they said they already had 3 offers in over that, oh well. I really like the KV-4 center bet the CF-2's are great speakers.

34 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

Will it never end? Pair of nice cf2 local on Craigslist for $200.... Later she emails me and says someone else offered $250 and really wanted them so she sold them

You were lucky you missed them.  Look for some CF-3 or CF-4.  The CF-2 & CF-1 don't have nearly the rep the big boxes do.

54 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Seen those and emailed right away, offered $100 cash but they said they already had 3 offers in over that, oh well. I really like the KV-4 center bet the CF-2's are great speakers.

I just emailed and said I would take them. Patience will do it.  Unless I make one from scratch first.

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

You were lucky you missed them.  Look for some CF-3 or CF-4.  The CF-2 & CF-1 don't have nearly the rep the big boxes do.

The CF-2's have the same 2" horn driver as the CF-3 /4 just a smaller KLF sized horn. The little RC-7's and slightly larger RF-5's put out a surprising amount of bass for such little cabinets, have to imagine the much larger CF-2's with same sized woofers would do much better in the low end but never heard them myself. Still for $200 or less don't think you can go wrong, parts alone are worth more than that. 

22 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

The CF-2's have the same 2" horn driver as the CF-3 /4 just a smaller KLF sized horn.

I don't think so, but I could be mistaken as I am relying on my rapidly fading memory here.  I'm sure the CF-3/4 use the K-63-KN compression driver but I thought the CF-1/2 used a different model.  It's hard to look that stuff up now days since Klipsch no longer publishes tech specs on older models.

If you know where some of that info resides let me know, I would like to be able to use that as a resource.

Edit:  I found a .pdf file which tends to support your contention they are the same.  I was thinking the CF-2 used a K-64 but I can't confirm that.

http://207.67.68.51/forums/storage/4/1041393/Epic.pdf

https://web.archive.org/web/20130205065520/http://www.klipsch.com:80/cf-2

SPECIFICATIONS

• BUILT FROM: 1994
  • BUILT UNTIL: 1996
  • DIMENSIONS: 37" (93.98cm) x 13" (33.02cm) x 16" 40.64cm)
  • ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: Medium density fiberboard construction (MDF)
  • ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass reflex via front-mounted port
  • FINISHES: Whitewash, Lt. Oak, Med. Oak, Cherry, Walnut, Black Satin
  • FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 36Hz-20kHz(+-)3dB
  • HIGH FREQUENCY HORN: 90(o)x60(o) Tractrix(r) Horn
  • NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
  • POWER HANDLING: 200 watts maximum continuous (800 watts peak)
  • SENSITIVITY: 98dB @ 1watt/1meter
  • TWEETER: K-64-KN 2" (5.08cm) Aluminum diaphragm compression driver
  • WEIGHT: 80 lbs. (36.29kg)
  • WOOFER: Two K-1029-KN 8" (20.32cm) Poly carbon graphite cones

The CF-2 is basically a KV-4 center speaker in tower speaker, both use the screw on horn assembly with a 2" driver same horn that's in the KLF-20 / 30, same driver as in the CF-3 / 4, different part number by 1 number only because of the different horn its attached to but same driver. The CF-1 has the same exact 1" tweeter horn like in the KLF-10 and KLF-C7 center.