Quasi-Official CF-4 Sightings Thread

vasubandu

I am totally good with the mods burying it wherever they want.  The people who care will find it, and those who don't will not be bothered by it. I wonder if the mods could kill all the subscriptions I really don't like being a pest no matter what people might think.  And if every post in the new location keeps popping up, it is going to annoy some people. If you guys know the mods, let them know.

4 hours ago, vasubandu said:

I wonder if the mods could kill all the subscriptions I really don't like being a pest no matter what people might think. 

You're fine.  You're only a pest if you come to my house and eat my food when I'm not there.  :cool:

Now if you sneak into my house and listen my CF-4's?

No problem, as long as you wait till I get there and we'll listen together.   :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

You're fine.  You're only a pest if you come to my house and eat my food when I'm not there.  :cool:

Now if you sneak into my house and listen my CF-4's?

No problem, as long as you wait till I get there and we'll listen together.   :D

If I sneak into your house when you are not there, I have a terrible feeling that I will arrive just moments too late to catch the guys staling them. I suspect that I would find my own par about the same time, but they would be white and could not possibly be yours.  You know, as long as you have had those, and as much a people harass me to just move on and something better, you really should let them go.  If they return, they are yours.  If they don't they never were.

Seriously, I cannot think of anything more than hanging out at your place enjoying those CF-4s together.

• Like 1

aside from the recent posts about your thread or where it is located... have you ever considered the cf-3's to get your epic fix for awhile? at least then you can decide if you really even like them enough to make it your lifes work searching for the 4's.  they are essentially the same speaker just a little smaller with 10" woofers & will sound pretty much the same except for all out max volume.  then IF & when you find a set of cf-4s that all the details & logistics work out you can upgrade to them & either sell the 3's or keep them as part of your ultimate system & sell the other reference you have.  just a logical suggestion & the cf3's come up for sale all the time, think theres a set listed on here now.

in my 20+ years of lusting after klipsch i have done the trading up thing, started with kg5.5's, then just by chance found the the epics which i had never heard or heard of before, then sold them to get K-horns i always wanted.  & owned & sold many others in between to aquire fortes & chorus 2's,  but it was all a progression, if i held out for what i thought was the best at the moment, i would have never owned or experienced other options. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-epic-cf3-speakers-in/6524273289.html

Klipsch Epic CF3 Speakers, in Storage for 20 Years, Mint! - $800 (Vista) hide this posting

image 2 of 2

01616_3xctGU4OWuR_600x450.jpg

00b0b_ktDXgvbVMf7_600x450.jpg

01616_3xctGU4OWuR_600x450.jpg

condition: excellent 
make / manufacturer: Klipsch 
model name / number: Epic CF3 

more ads by this user

These classic Klipsch speakers are rare, and very highly rated. Go online and read the reviews. This pair was in storage for 20 years, and are in mint condition. Here are the specs:

Bandwidth: 35-20kHz +/- 3 dB
Sensitivity: 100 dB SPL @ 1 Watt/Meter
Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
Power Handling: 250 Watts (1000 Watts Peak)
Enclosure Type: Bass Reflex 2-way System
Drive Components: 1-2" Tractix horn tweeter
Aluminum diaphragm
2-10" woofers
Crossover Frequency: 1500 Hz
Weights: 102 lbs.
Dimensions: Height: 41"
Width: 17"
Depth: 17"

Price is firm.