Can you get discounts on the RF-7 III and RC-64 III?

Kain

MSRP prices scare me away from buying their new products.  I love their new stuff but MSRP on some of it costs and arm and a leg.  I recently upgraded my 15+ year old system with used 1st gen RF-7.  Big improvement that didn't cost sooo much by getting used gear.  Much more efficient use of my money.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Used gear is definitely a great way to save money.  I have bought quite a lot of used gear over the years as well.  Just an FYI, you don't have to pay MSRP for new gear.  If you ever do decide to buy new, contact @MetropolisLakeOutfitters.  He's a Klipsch Dealer and will certainly get you the best price around.  Just ask anyone in the Klipsch Owners Group.  Lots of happy customers over there.  They even brag that they got Cory'd when he hooks them up with new speakers.  LOL.

• Like 1

I guess that's the benefit I have of having spent almost 30 years in the home & car A/V industry; 20 years in retail and 9 years as a manufacturers rep.  I know tons of dealers over a 4 state area and know National Sales Managers, reps, etc., from lots of lines.  I don't pay retail for anything, thankfully.  Usually I can buy it at rep sample price or employee purchase otherwise I doubt I'd buy much.  Like when I bought a new Onkyo P-3000R for rep sample last year; it was nice not having to pay $1600 retail for it or even $1000 for a used or B-stock model.  I can buy new Klipsch at rep sample cost, too, but I haven't needed to go that direction yet.

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Grizzog said:

If everyone waits a year or two to buy used...there will be no used speakers to have.  Someone has to buy new to keep Klipsch going - they don't make any money from used.

No worries Grizzog.  There will always be guys that buy new, there will always be guys that buy used, and there are many of us that buy both.  This happens with automobiles, homes and everything else we buy.

• Like 2

I think we all buy new and used at some point. This forum is a very small percentage of all consumers. Not everyone is up to the task of finding used deals. I've done my part to support Klipsch. At one point or another, I've bought new KLF 20/30/C7, RF7/RC7/RSW15, LaScala II, Palladium P37/P312, RB 35, computer speakers, ipod docks and various other "cheap" subs. I have also traveled for used (not necessarily deals). I've driven from Charleston SC to Indianapolis and stuffed a pair of Belles in a Buick. I've driven to Vero Beach for a pair of P39s, Raleigh for Cornwalls, Atlanta for a RSW15. I have enjoyed the ride both new and used but I am pretty much done. I'm old now. I have pretty much exactly what I want. I might change an amp or dac out here and there but for the most part I am totally satisfied. 

• Like 3