Chorus II Arizona

Madman1

I'm in Phoenix area -  this has me thinking where I could put these into my garage, replacing my Forte I's currently serving as my garage speakers & then move one of the Forte I's into my 5.1 center channel (replacing Academy & sitting between a Forte II pair).  Been holding out for a single CF-3/CF-4 and this could tide me over for what seems like an eternity to find a somewhat local to PHX CF-3/CF-4.  At this price, don't think I can go too wrong - pondering.....

What’s crazy is someone just contacted me about a kef center channel I’m selling. In conversation the guy mentions that he noticed I’m a Klipsch fan and that he had a pair of Chorus II on eBay for sale...it was this guy! Talking about a small world. Too bad shipping would be ridiculous because we’d have just about an even trade. My chorus are in my basement on my secondary system basically like your talking about doing. Forte I just hanging out right now and Forte II in my main system. I think it’s a killer deal if they go less than 500$. Good luck!

Mark

Hi Mark - great story and thanks for sharing!  I honestly should feel fine having the Forte 1's as my garage speakers, which replaced a Heresy II pair.  My 'problem' lies in the fact that I was super impressed with the upgrade from Heresy II to the Forte 1's, which makes me think these Chorus II's will be another pleasurable upgrade.  It's a slippery slope that I seem to be on where I with dreamy eyes picture one day a 'garage quality' La Scala pair in my garage.  Of course all of this is extreme overkill (hooked up to a Kenwood KA-9100 no less), however listening in my little fortress of solitude provides immeasurable relaxation ;)  

Four hundred is the starting bid.  The BIN is $600.  I have the average price for Ch2's around $674 in good condition.  The seller lists those as 4.5 out of Ten.  Gotta give him props for truth in advertising.

With the tape on the passive radiator and one dust cap missing $400 would be a nice pickup, $600 a bit much for Ch2's in poor condition.