This was quite funny and cool

mr clean

And also says a lot about the klipsch speakers! On the run by pink floyd was playing and my toy fox terrier gracie was looking around trying to figure out who was running across the room, It got a chuckle and I thought it did sound quite real. I have my own nipper! 

• Like 3

• Moderators

At one time we had 2 cockatiel's, anytime a song would come on and someone whistled in the song they would follow along.

I don't know how many times while watching a movie I would hear a noise behind me and go open the front door to see if was something outside.

• Like 2

I was listening to Pink Floyd's Just Another Brick in the Wall Saturday night around reference level. The kick drums coming out of a Palladium sub was spectacular. My wife and daughter came home to a whole hallway wall of mis-aligned pictures and 2 of them on the floor! The hallway was 25 feet away from the speakers :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Klipsch speakers seem to excel at realism.  My Klipschorns are one of the few speakers I can hear at a distance and not be sure if it is real or recorded sound, I haven’t experienced that with other brands.  A sax, a piano, voices all sound amazingly realistic from my garden or upstairs in my den...regards, Tony

• Like 2

Hi Tony, good to see ya.

I was testing my "Bigger LaScala" in my sister's garage by feeding it about 50 Hz and turning it up to distortion and then backing off a bit.  My sister came out from the house to tell me dinner was ready.  She looked up to the sky and said, "That helicopter is sure loud."

That was the best compliment I ever got.

WMcD

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/18/2018 at 10:25 AM, sunnysal said:

Klipsch speakers seem to excel at realism.  My Klipschorns are one of the few speakers I can hear at a distance and not be sure if it is real or recorded sound, I haven’t experienced that with other brands.  A sax, a piano, voices all sound amazingly realistic from my garden or upstairs in my den...regards, Tony

I too have noticed the phenomenon described.  I attribute it to the high efficiency and low distortion of horn loaded speakers.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2018 at 1:37 PM, JohnA said:

It's not that unusual for a dog or other animal sound on TV to send my Brittany running to the door barking.  The first time I thought he heard something threatening! 

Doorbells in TV shows fool our Brittany every time.

We breed and train weimaraner's , which are bird dogs with extremely high prey drive .. they are scent dogs but also have large and very sensitive ears .

We also cross breed  weimaraner's with German short hair pointers,  that makes the ultimate hunter retriever / pointer ...

My dogs live in our  house and could care less or ever react to any sound coming from a speaker ... it comes down to how sound your animal is , a untrained beast will bark at a door bell or a knock at the door or any unusual  sound coming from any source ... a sound beast will leave it's master  ( pack leader ) to deal with unfamiliar sounds in the house .

I fricken hate dogs that bark at door bells or a knock at the door .. it's embarrassing and a sign you don't have control of your animal .

On 2/19/2018 at 7:40 AM, DizRotus said:

I too have noticed the phenomenon described.  I attribute it to the high efficiency and low distortion of horn loaded speakers.

Audio's reviewer, the late Richard C. Heyser, wrote the same thing about the Klipschorn in 1986.