Marantz 10B Tuner

Gilbert

I've have an all original Marantz 10B that's been stored in an AudioClassics' tuner box, in my closet for the past 10 or 12 yrs. The Marantz comes wtih the original Bugle Boy tubes.... and they look good, lots of shinny gettering. System was working when I put it away, but can't possibly be 100%, not even 12 yrs. ago. 

The plan was to send it to Richard Modaferri, thorugh AudioClassics, but I don't see myself doing that anymore. I still own my 2 pristine McIntosh MR71's, not for sale, that were both rebuilt by Modafferi; one with all NIB NOS tubes. I bought the 10B because it's original, from original owner, and too pretty to pass up. No cabinet though, not sure what happened to the cabinet, it's somewhere in the attic. At the time of purchase, I also bought a complete NIB NOS tube compliment for the 10B, including CRT.... the extra tubes were for future emergency. 

Thinking of selling, any idea of the price range....  Low -- Med -- High?

Gilbert, the 10B is a great piece, very sought after and one of the top tuners ever made.  As I'm sure you know, pricing is highly dependent on both cosmetic and functional condition.  If you want to get the most out of it, I would definitely have it looked at and brought to spec by a highly regarded person such as Richard.  A few hundred invested in a unit like this, IMHO, is well worth it to get top dollar from the sale.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, muel said:

I'd give you full retail!

My attempt to determine a fair market value is the subject of this post, and yes, you have sparked my interest sell.... while at the same time, giving me cold feet. I like the unit, and Jimbo's is on the same track I was 12 yrs. ago when I purchased it, which was to sonically restore her to perfection.

On 2/14/2018 at 12:47 PM, jimjimbo said:

Gilbert, the 10B is a great piece, very sought after and one of the top tuners ever made.  As I'm sure you know, pricing is highly dependent on both cosmetic and functional condition.  If you want to get the most out of it, I would definitely have it looked at and brought to spec by a highly regarded person such as Richard.  A few hundred invested in a unit like this, IMHO, is well worth it to get top dollar from the sale.

Only problem with this statement is having Richard M. do the work will cost more than a mere few hundred dollars!!!