Showtime Clapton Life in 12 Bars

jimjimbo

• Moderators
15 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Anyone seen this show on Showtime?  Watched it last night, and was honestly pretty disappointed.  A lot of stills, garbled old recordings.  Some interesting things I didn't know, but a positive outcome after all.  He was a wreck for a long time.....

About 10 minutes of new and cool interesting stuff, like Tom Dowd, Duane Alman, interspersed with a lot of nothing.

28 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

About 10 minutes of new and cool interesting stuff, like Tom Dowd, Duane Alman, interspersed with a lot of nothing.

Agree.  It's too bad because Showtime normally does some very good original programming, but not this time.....Some crazy video of him snorting blow from the blade of a knife....

10 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

I understand now that his health is not good and he cannot play anymore.

JJK

I've read that his hands are the real problem, arthritis, ligament and tendon damage, etc.  Although I do believe he has a show scheduled for later this year in London.

19 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Anyone seen this show on Showtime?  Watched it last night, and was honestly pretty disappointed.  A lot of stills, garbled old recordings.  Some interesting things I didn't know, but a positive outcome after all.  He was a wreck for a long time.....

Watched it last night...I had no idea he was that F...ed up....Seems to me he didn't have a solid foundation (family)...when growing up...really glad he came through it.

I did listen to Unplugged this morning

George

• Moderators
11 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Agree.  It's too bad because Showtime normally does some very good original programming, but not this time.....Some crazy video of him snorting blow from the blade of a knife....

Did you see that mountain of cocaine? I thought it was the Winter Olympics for a second.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, oldred said:

Watched it last night...I had no idea he was that F...ed up....Seems to me he didn't have a solid foundation (family)...when growing up...really glad he came through it.

I did listen to Unplugged this morning

George

Pete Townsend saved his life, no doubt about that.