Is there any chance Cornwall III's can be better than my RF7II's?

zebra03

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, dtr20 said:
19 hours ago, avguytx said:

Cornwell? Is that a new model? 

Excuse my father, his keyboard skills are not so great. You should see what he can do when he tries to go to hometheatershack.com

No excuses for me I do the same thing, you kids with all yalls correct spelling and stuff. :o:D

• Moderators

Is there any chance Cornwall III's can be better than my RF7II's?

Well Zebra03, YES there is a good chance it can be better because it's your ears that matter, you may like it better ?  I can't hear it for you, well I could but it wouldn't count we have different ears, which is a good thing for you. :mellow:

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, avguytx said:
30 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

Excuse my father, his keyboard skills are not so great. You should see what he can do when he tries to go to hometheatershack.com

I was just funnin'....meant no disrespect whatsoever.  :)

Don't worry, if I had to explain every time I spelled something ''off", misspelled or it was a joke, the forum post count would jump alot. My wife hates when I say things like "alot" or many of the other silly things I type, she says it make you look stupid.  I don't care, or come here for an English lesson or to impress anyone, I'm to old for all of that :pwk_bs:.

• Moderators

I know how that works, my wife is here also, plus a couple of the kids, glad they are not here alot, well my wife is. Between that and being a moderator I have to behave and not start trouble or say what I feel at times.  Sucks being an adult sometimes, or expected to be one.

I'm not trying to get in trouble.,I just dont know how to use a computer that good.

I was typing home theater shack one time and for some reason all that came up was ho shack and my girlfriend was sitting right on the side of me and watched me type it and I still got in trouble

• Like 2

On 2/14/2018 at 3:50 AM, Deang said:

How does that work -- they use the same tweeter, same mid-driver, same mid-horn, and same crossover topology.

If they sound more open, it's because they're at ear level.

And maybe the much larger baffle has something to do with it as well. 

• 3 months later...
33 minutes ago, SiliconTi said:

Wait, I though Cornwalls have always shared the mid and tweeter from the Hersey. Am I wrong?

You were wrong.  The mid-range horn lens for both have pretty much always been different, but the COMPRESSION DRIVERS for those horn lenses were the same...but the tweeter units were the same....then things started to change....and the Heresy II had a different tweeter than the Cornwall....and then along came the MOST RECENT Cornwall....and things started to get confusing, for me, at least.

Since the Cornwall are the reference speaker that the others are compared to, then yes.thou it's not perfect, for what it does it's pretty hard to surpass,disappears and images quite well.can be brought in to a room ,although it's large it's not as boxy as the LaSalle, raised off the floor it can ataint the height of the klipschorn and witk good equiptment is impressive.and pulls you in .truly an amazing and simple speaker,when you really live wilh a pair of cornwalls,there's no need to wonder you known. 😚

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:32 PM, ODS123 said:

I've read that here as well, but I must say that this is so incredibly hard to believe.  ..Making a mold is not some elite rarefied skill.  If the K600/601 was the holy grail of horns, then making a new mold from a sample horn would have been well within the capabilities of any competent mechanical/ industrial engineer.

YEAH, RIGHT!...I was a pattern-maker for over a DECADE, but those engineers are not...designing something and producing a FUNCTIONING pattern for something are two COMPLETELY different things!