Klipsch Cherry CF-3 single speaker in WA $400

avguytx

7 hours ago, EpicKlipsch said:

or 300$ I would take it, would be a perfect center for my CF3 V1.  @vasubandu are you going for it?

Nope. Just too expensive.  The CF-4 is in a class of its own. The CF-1-3 are nice speakers but not something that can't be replaced. And the CF-3 is the end of the line with no parts. I don't have much of a basis for this other than my subjective opinions, but I would be more like $200 for a CF-3 or $400 a pair, and $800 a pair for the CF-4.  I know they have sold for twice that , and I just mean what I would pay.  South Dakota ruined me.

Plus my attention is focused on my subwoofer project, as is my budget.  And on top of that I have two people trying to sell me JTR speakers.

7 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

Do you mean replacements? Because the CF4 has none either other than donors. And even then you need to match v1/v2 or v3...

Yeah that is exactly what I mean and why I think $1,600 is out of line.  I have kind of moved on anyway.  At this point, I am more intrigued with the JTR NOESIS 212HT, which has 2 12-inch drivers and a compression driver.  http://jtrspeakers.com/noesis-212ht.html. Then again as long as I am dreaming, give me his  three-way NOESIS 215RT with two 15” woofers and  a coaxial compression driver.

Failing that I could live with a pair of Rey Audio Kinoshita RM-6VC.

RM-6V REY AUDIO image_c

They run about $30,000 a pair, but who is counting.

Well there's one thing for sure, you've increased demand for Epic speakers and probably helped run the price up. There's no telling how much interest in them has increased among the hundreds of lurkers here since you've posted incessantly about them. Chances are you'll never find a pair and if you do you'll probably pay more for them than had you just quietly found and bought a pair. Have you ever even heard CF-4's ?

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, T2K said:

Well there's one thing for sure, you've increased demand for Epic speakers and probably helped run the price up. There's no telling how much interest in them has increased among the hundreds of lurkers here since you've posted incessantly about them. Chances are you'll never find a pair and if you do you'll probably pay more for them than had you just quietly found and bought a pair. Have you ever even heard CF-4's ?

Typical for my efforts.  Yes, I have heard them, and  I loved them. Big robust sound that wrapped its arms around me. I found a pair for $400 in South Dakota, but too far away.  I'll find another some day I am sue.  I did notice how many people jumped on the bandwagon.  Not used to that.