FS: VPI Scout (the original) SOLD

paul79

Sold

$1800 Now $1600 shipped CONUS. Check or MO at this price. If you want to PayPal, you get the fee.

Comes with all pictured on the turntable, and is complete with original box/packing. Also included, because it is such a beautiful marriage that I cannot separate, the HANA EH Cartridge. It has been expertly aligned and set up by someone that has been setting up VPI Tables for over 20 years, and is completely locked in. Just assemble, and it is done, ready to go, no second guessing. I would guess, since I am primarily digital for convenience, the Cart has less than 50 hours on it, if that. More like 50 albums played on it. This is an HOMC Cart that also works extremely well with standard 47K loaded MM phono stages. Plenty of output for this, and is how I ran it in my system.

Sound is pretty much neutral, extremely open and dementional, with tons of magic, and big. Very natural yet plenty resolving. Very low noise floor, sound staging at its finest, lots of energy to images, and disappears in the system.

Everything is perfect. Nothing to divulge other than that. The thing is Art in every sense.

image.png.feb8728bf37be6f4950756a6bdc87fd3.png

image.png.517f60530176adece387e3d33c0800f2.png

3 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Sorry to add no actual help in the sale but I am looking / browsing here.

Sch, at this point I point this: http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/5e0564_18cac94ba59c4f67b58a3a56f66dc756.pdf

That is an upgraded platter option or perhaps a later iteration.

Aluminum is heavier and has more flywheel efficiency and is more inert.

The Maple platform you see is an entire audio rack. Not for sale unfortunately, but I cannot imagine a block of wood keeping me from getting a killer turntable....?   ;) 

Yes, those are Totaldac's.

Edit: 600 RPM on the motor. Small pulley.

Yes, this is all original, and is the first version of the Scout (and best if you ask me)

I LOVE the acrylic platter. Mats just screw it up. Just put the record down, and it sounds fantastic. This table is killer folks, and I think this is one of the most right sounding VPI tables you can buy at any price. Especially with the HANA.