FS: VPI Scout (the original) SOLD

paul79

6 hours ago, woodsman said:

Dude, as long as I have known you, you have talked about owning this TT. You even talked me into buying one and I have never second guessed my decision. Now it is my turn, JUST DO IT

I know.  The problem is that kind of money just went for radiation treatments.

5 hours ago, muel said:

What are you using for phono?

Like I don't give you enough of my money already.  :)

I am not going to have a turntable after I sell this one. It is actually too good, and makes me want to spend money on vinyl. I can't spend the cheese for this format too, after investing so much with my digital. That and I just don't have time to enjoy it. The kids are both fixing to start driving, so all of my time will be spent trying to make money for their future. You might be surprised at what I put up for sale in the coming months!

Hope all is well Oldtimer!

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2018 at 11:41 AM, muel said:

What are you using for phono?

Like I don't give you enough of my money already.  :)

21 hours ago, muel said:

See ya soon!

This table with your NBS Phono is as good as it gets. Your SX-1250 also has a killer phono stage. You probably shouldn't listen to that 1250 with it   :)

Yeah,  I've opened up a big can of worms!

I might also be trying the Bellari USB tube phono so I can do some digital captures.  I forget what tube that uses... seems like it is a 12ax7 or au7.  Not like I don't have plenty of those to try.  What's cool about the Bellari is that you can also input flat (no RIAA) so you could actually add RIAA after the fact with Audacity.  Actually, as I think about it I will probably just be enjoying listening... I bet I'll never get around to any digitization project.

23 minutes ago, muel said:

Yeah,  I've opened up a big can of worms!

I might also be trying the Bellari USB tube phono so I can do some digital captures.  I forget what tube that uses... seems like it is a 12ax7 or au7.  Not like I don't have plenty of those to try.  What's cool about the Bellari is that you can also input flat (no RIAA) so you could actually add RIAA after the fact with Audacity.  Actually, as I think about it I will probably just be enjoying listening... I bet I'll never get around to any digitization project.

After getting a Thorens TD-160 earlier this year and mating it with a CJ PV10b preamp and Deware SET amp, I don't listen to digital music much at all. And I've got about 500 gigs of high res recordings. The vinyl through my La Scalas is just fantastic. Enjoy the VPI. 

Mark