Pretty sure these are 1977 Cornwall, Design black birch?

Sansui9090

Hello I'm new to this great forum, I just picked up my first pair of Cornwalls and I am totally blown away. Love em, question is: this pair sure looks like it was re finished by the original owner in a oak veneer (very pro job) but from the type code BB it should be all black birch no oak correct? Also he must have made the front covers as well because the Klipsch badging is on the black birch, does this de-value the pair? I paid $1250.00 Canadian also with the original manuals, and a pair of re cone kits. 

IMG_3609.JPG

IMG_3604.JPG

IMG_3608.JPG

IMG_3610.JPG

IMG_3611.JPG

Can't answer the question from the limited views displayed.  Take a full front pic with the grilles removed.  The previous owner may well have built a mitered cabinet AROUND the original cabinets, but the views shown do not allow me to comment further, except that:  These cabinets appear as drop-in motorboard cabinets, but if they were really CDBB, they would have started out as flush-front cabinets.  The pic you have showing the tweeter hole area leads me to believe that a mitered cabinet was built around the original cabinet, OR the original cabinet motorboard was used in a replacement mitered cabinet.