I built a center to match my chorus II and it works great. The speaker box was built from 2 other sub projects that never happen so it is slightly smaller in volume than an orginal chorus II. Bought used  a k 61 mid and k 79 tweet, a new kappa c for bass. Built the crossover with all new parts from bob crites, bob even send  the chorus II xover diagram with the parts. There is no radiator speaker in the rear but I didn't feel its was need being used as a center channel. Sounds like my II's with only a slightly different sound in bass that I actually like. 

If your center will be made to match your mains I would go for it. The easy way would be to find/buy a single speaker that matches your mains. If you built your own I would using matching xover and componets to get a good tonal match, mix and match componets not a good idea.

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2018 at 7:24 AM, Twead1975 said:

So I’m wanting to do my spin on the RC64.

i have a RC62ii and s set of RP160m. Anybody have some thoughts on this ?

My thought is don't do it.  You will turn three good speakers into one bad speaker. 

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but you don't have the knowledge you need from a crossover designers point of view.  Do you know what will happen if you take a speaker XO designed for a MTM and add two woofers to it?  What happens if you wire the woofers in parallel?  What happens if you wire them in series?  If you haven't asked yourself these questions you have some work to do first.

I love DIY projects and if you want to make an RC-64 clone you have a lot of homework to do before you start taking speakers apart.  Personally I'm rooting for you.  Figure out the numbers and make something cool.  B)

Welcome to the forums.  :emotion-19:

+++

Mods:  This thread properly belongs in the Tech Mods sub-forum

26 minutes ago, jbsl said:

Ljk that is a project I would like to do for my Chorus IIs.  I have an Academy but have not used it with my Chorus IIs.  

I was using an academy for my center before I build the new one, academy is nice but I really like the new center much better. Keep your eyes open for deals on parts or maybe get lucky and find a single II,  cls, ebay, here are good sources. If you plan on keeping your II's I think you will find it worth while.