K-Horn Serial number Help

Forte Too

OK.  Here is a serial number on a K-Horn:
17U432

I am guessing these were manufactured in 1980.  What does the 17 stand for and what does the 432 stand for?  The odd thing is the top section is NOT a Klipsch product, but has Klipsch Horns and Crossover.  The paper sticker is gone, except for what is under a piece of wood screwed to the back.  Under the serial number is "USA" and under USA is "RC".  This is stamped next to the access door.  Was it normal to sell just bottom cabinets for K-horns?  I posted a picture.

Khorn.jpg

2 hours ago, Forte Too said:

OK.  Here is a serial number on a K-Horn:
17U432

I am guessing these were manufactured in 1980.  What does the 17 stand for and what does the 432 stand for?  The odd thing is the top section is NOT a Klipsch product, but has Klipsch Horns and Crossover.  The paper sticker is gone, except for what is under a piece of wood screwed to the back.  Under the serial number is "USA" and under USA is "RC".  This is stamped next to the access door.  Was it normal to sell just bottom cabinets for K-horns?  I posted a picture.

Khorn.jpg

The "RC" is the builders code...who built that bass bin in the cabinet shop of the plant.  The builder code was a quality control measure...if it had issues it was taken back to whomever built it to address the issues prior to being tested again.  Just as an aside, I never had a single cabinet which I built sent back to me for something to be fixed unless it was something that happened to it AFTER it left my workbench...and I built thousands of them...MOSTLY Heresys and Cornwalls...but at one time or another I built everything but Belles, but I still learned how to build those while working there.