Did my good deed for the day

wuzzzer

A couple years ago when I bought my KG 4s through Craigslist the guy gave me a nice pair of Yamaha bookshelf speakers for free with them.  They sound really nice but they had been sitting around for a while collecting dust.  So, I decided to throw them on Craigslist.

Listed them this morning for $25 or best offer.  Got a call a couple hours later from a guy who was interested in them.  I called him back and told him he could have the speakers for free.  I didn't want to list them for free since I figured I'd get tons of responses from people just looking for a freebie.  He was very surprised to hear that.

He stopped over a few hours later and it turns out he's disabled in a wheelchair and wasn't able to text me (like I listed in the ad as a preferred contact method) because he can't afford a cell phone.  He thanked me over and over again for giving him the speakers.  Made me feel good.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

I called him back and told him he could have the speakers for free. 

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

and it turns out he's disabled in a wheelchair and wasn't able to text me (like I listed in the ad as a preferred contact method) because he can't afford a cell phone. 

Ah man, just as I was beginning to work up a good dislike for you thanks to sucking me in on that "best ever" La Scala thread.  :P   Then you go and do something outstanding.

You did good.  :emotion-21:

He mentioned he's looking for a receiver as well.  May have to see what I can come up with for him.

I gave my Panasonic SA-XR57 to a friend a couple months ago for helping with some trim work at my house.  Would have given the guy that if I still had it.

• Like 1

The Wizard: Back where I come from, there are men who do nothing all day but good deeds. They are called phila-, er, er, philanth-er, good-deed doers! And their hearts are no bigger than yours. But! - They have one thing you haven't got. A testimonial! Therefore, in consideration of your kindness, I take pleasure at this time in presenting you with a small token of our esteem and affection. And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.

Nice! You have the right to feel good. Enjoy the feeling.

• Like 1