Has anyone tried the ALK Universal Economy crossover?

kevinmi

I'm looking to revamp my modified K-Horns with new crossovers, and was wondering if anyone has tried Al's economy crossover? It looks like everything I need (squawker and tweeter attenuation). Just wondering if it would be appropriate to use with the non stock drivers in my system? I am currently running Crites cast woofers, Selenium D405 mid and Selenium T220 tweeters on custom made tractrix wood horns. My current crossovers are universal type 400/4500 crossovers. I want to go back to 400/6000 crossover points because I'm changing my listening room to a smaller footprint and will be more of a close range listening environment. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

At 4500 Hz the horizontal dispersion angles of the K-77-M/F and the K-400/401 are approximately equal.  It is a better crossover point for that reason.  Check your horns to see, but I'll bet you have a similar situation.  I certainly would not change anything until I got them in the new room and listened for a while. 

1 hour ago, JohnA said:

At 4500 Hz the horizontal dispersion angles of the K-77-M/F and the K-400/401 are approximately equal.  It is a better crossover point for that reason.  Check your horns to see, but I'll bet you have a similar situation.  I certainly would not change anything until I got them in the new room and listened for a while. 

My horns are quite a bit different is size than the stock horns, and I'm just wondering if bringing up the crossover frequency to 6000 might sound smoother at close range

K-horn 002 25.jpg