Oppo 205 Owners What Is Your Audio Opinion On It?

jbsl

Just ordered a Oppo 205 and wanted to get feedback from owners of the 205's audio.  I already know the video is excellent I am interested in your opinion on the audio of the 205.

I own a Oppo 103 which has good audio but I have a tube Dac that sounds better.  I expect the audio on the 205 to be better than the 103.

Thanks for any input!:D    

I an not doing surround sound for movies just 2 channel for movies and music.  Later this year I may add the Academy center channel I have but for now just 2 channel listening.  

What I meant is for anyone who owns a Oppo 205 how is the 2 channel audio to them? :D

14 hours ago, jbsl said:

What I meant is for anyone who owns a Oppo 205 how is the 2 channel audio to them? :D

I know this is not exactly what you are asking but what I do know is the 105 is excellent for music audio, stereo and multichannel, and the 205 is "reported" to be even "better" in those areas.  Hopefully a current owner of the 205(previous 105 owner), will chime in and better answer your question.

Bill

I have owned the -83, -95 and now -105D (have no experience with -205)
I briefly put my 105D on the market but pulled it off and kept
I don't have 4K pre-pro or TV, if I did I would have gotten the -205
If I needed a player I would get the Oppo 205 without a doubt as they are not that much more than used 105s

I am not sure about the 105, but the 205 has dual ess chipsets for channel separation... a very big positive over the 203, which sounds really good as a 5.1 music processor in my system. I didn't get the 205 because I use an external DAC and didn't need a state of the art transport playback device that handles conversion duties.