1982 Klipsch Corner Horns. 
Walnut lacquer finish
Type AA crossovers
K-55-V solder terminal dual phase plug mids
K-33-E square magnet woofers

SOLD.

IMG_6996.JPGa.JPG

35 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Cabs are a bit rough but they will clean up nicely with some sanding.

They have the holy grail of mid-drivers, the solder lug dual phase plug K-55v.  These ought to sound really good.

Are these yours @EPICKLIPSCHFAN?  Very fair price.  I think these will go fast.

Cabs have issues as mentioned but majority of the scratches will sand out & look great with new lacquer. 

They do sound very good for 100% original.  

Yes, these are mine.  I have another set of 1994 k-horns & the 1982's have much better upper mids & highs to my ears.  Must be the mid driver & x-over differences between the 2, these 1982's sound very nice, both sets are just stuffed in way too small of a room.    

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up, @tidmack. Jim's $950 plug and play (with upgrades) La Scalas have been screaming at me, and now these. Both sets are available WAY before I have started finishing our basement. Been trying to trim down the madness to make room to renovate. Why can't I have free unlimited storage.....somewhere within my house?

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

So these are pretty much plug and play?  If I don't have correct corners would it even pay to go with Klipschorns?

IMO, yes.  I had poor corners (beside a door on one side, a window on the other) and the front sound stage was tremendous.

When I had to sell them per wife's orders :( I moved them to the center of the room so I could easily demo them for the new buyer and transfer them quickly to his truck.  They were freaking unbelievable sounding when placed side-by-side a few feet apart, even better than my corners. 

So yes, Khorns even when not placed perfectly would be my preference.

FYI the reason I had to get rid of the La Scala's was due to the same wifely request for the Khorns.  :(:(

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

Thanks for the heads up, @tidmack. Jim's $950 plug and play (with upgrades) La Scalas have been screaming at me, and now these. Both sets are available WAY before I have started finishing our basement. Been trying to trim down the madness to make room to renovate. Why can't I have free unlimited storage.....somewhere within my house?

This is ALWAYS the way it goes, though, right?! Have a terrific day, Lyle and good luck if you move on either pair.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wvu80 said:

IMO, yes.  I had poor corners (beside a door on one side, a window on the other) and the front sound stage was tremendous.

When I had to sell them per wife's orders :( I moved them to the center of the room so I could easily demo them for the new buyer and transfer them quickly to his truck.  They were freaking unbelievable sounding when placed side-by-side a few feet apart, even better than my corners. 

So yes, Khorns even when not placed perfectly would be my preference.

FYI the reason I had to get rid of the La Scala's was due to the same wifely request for the Khorns.  :(:(

thanks for the excellent reply wvu. thats my experience too, while of course k-horns do sound best in good corners, they sound very good on their own & only lose some of the bass punch but its still very good, id say on par with lascalas.  & they can also be modded pretty easily to add backboards like the 60th anniv ones or make false corners. 

33 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

If these would be here in May still........maybe. boo.. :(

Those would be excellent speakers for you, especially because you know you are getting those very rare and highly desirable dual phase plug K-55v mid-drivers. 

You could get some Khorns because they would cost less initially then most Khorns of that vintage and when you get some time I think you would enjoy spending some time sanding and refinishing them.  Those few blemishes would come out and the finished product would look pretty nice.

If only you had somewhere to park them for a while you are moving. 

1 hour ago, The History Kid said:

If these would be here in May still........maybe. boo.. :(

well i hope they aren't still here in may... but ya never know!  i could store them for a few weeks or so but not till may.  we are only about 30 minutes away from each other so sure would be an easy road trip!  ;)

the blemishes will definitely sand out & look very presentable with a couple coats of lacquer... or you could just do the black paint or duratex thing that so many seem to like.  i prefer the walnut finish so was set on restoring them to their original look,  didnt think of duratexing them... hmmm??  :unsure:

23 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Someone talk me out of these, please!  I couldn't sleep last night thinking about them!!

OK, I'll talk you out of them and save you!  :)

"man, those Khorns sound unbelievable, and you'll never, ever find another pair with those special mid-drivers at that low price."

Rats...failed again.  :(

:D:D:D

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Someone talk me out of these, please!  I couldn't sleep last night thinking about them!!

i wont talk you out of them, would rather talk you "in" to them!  ;)    their mid drivers were itching last night from you thinking about them... they couldnt sleep either.  LOL.

• Haha 1

update: as expected there has been lots of interest in these.  so as of now im waiting to hear back from the 1st serious inquiry, if he passes then # 2 sounds like hes ready to hop in the car.. er truck.  will mark sold when they are gone.  thanks for all the interests so far.