SOLD McIntosh MC2000 Interest to buy?

USNRET

Yes one of 550 produced.
I have the factory tube set with maybe 1-2 hours and matched octets and small tubes from a reliable source with maybe 10 hours on them.
No shipping crate; if you can get one (Mc says no box) and want to take liability that's on you.

$8500.00 with all tubes located in 78418.

I can bring to Hope for the gathering if there is serious interest. Dust specs zero corrosion.

http://www.audioclassics.com/detail?detail=MC2000&nav=brand

http://www.audioclassics.com/brochure/MC2000.pdf

20180219_180837.jpg

20180219_180850.jpg

20180219_180856.jpg

20180219_180919.jpg

20180219_181103.jpg

20180219_181213.jpg

4 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

I wonder if you can get the gold knobs and trim for the preamp to match?

http://www.audioclassics.com/detail?detail=C2200-FG&nav=brand

3 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

also I might be interested but I'm going to need to know what you paid for it :lol::):rolleyes::P

then you can consider yourself not interested....

• Haha 2

To answer a few ?
I bought / traded / bartered / this in Dec 2017 and it just sits unused. I had the house to myself over the weekend and looked over and thought about listening but then decided I was just fine with the other Mc purring along without taking all that "trouble" to uncover and turn on. So I asked myself, self why is that just sitting there and I had no good answer other than it is a beautiful piece and it's rare. I bought a new set of tubes when I got it so the factory ones would not wear (looks like I shouldn't have concerned myself with too much use).

This is what it looked like when I took possession; still had the shrink wrap on it.

MC2000_2.jpg

2 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

so do you have to get that 2200 in order to get the gold trims and knobs? How awesome would having that amp and a FG pre-amp. Man that would just be an incredible set. I'd have to upgrade or reinforce my rack though ;)

I would call Audio Classics and ask.....all they can say is yes or no.....

2 hours ago, USNRET said:

To answer a few ?
I bought / traded / bartered / this in Dec 2017 and it just sits unused. I had the house to myself over the weekend and looked over and thought about listening but then decided I was just fine with the other Mc purring along without taking all that "trouble" to uncover and turn on. So I asked myself, self why is that just sitting there and I had no good answer other than it is a beautiful piece and it's rare. I bought a new set of tubes when I got it so the factory ones would not wear (looks like I shouldn't have concerned myself with too much use).

This is what it looked like when I took possession; still had the shrink wrap on it.

MC2000_2.jpg

Amazing deal sir. Almost ridiculously amazing.