SOLD McIntosh MC2000 Interest to buy?

USNRET

16 hours ago, richieb said:

I thought you had WAF issues with your KHorns?  Would love to be a fly on the wall when the lovely Jubes walk through the front door ?! 

Dude I have WAF ISSUES with ANYTHING I bring in the door so screw it as long as I can show no increase in inventory quantity.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

When I bought the Marantz pre-pro from you last year, it was delivered in perfect condition, as good as new.

thanks, I have searched for the carton and no go. Audio Classics advised me to order a box for the MC-1.2KW amp as it would work just fine just not the original white box.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been called out  :rolleyes: so
Yes, I did have this listed at one time for $5000.00 on this forum
This was when it was to sell either the MC-2000 OR the MC-275 one or the other needed to go.

The 275 sold almost immediately so the 2000 was off the market...for a while

I bought a new set of tubes and the cover.

I have had two serious buyers for $8500 and $8000.00 but not having the original box was deal killer.

Since I did list it here for $5000 originally I will reduce my asking price on this forum to $6750.00

If anyone wants both this MC-2000 and a C2500 preamp (purchased new last year with all factory items available on hand) they can be had for $10,000 total.

Wasn't exactly a call out but the forum member told me that I had listed it @ $5K which I did not remember; he sent me a screen shot and proved that I have CRS.

With that said I changed the price to $6750, gave the member first refusal and asked permission to re-list here. He was gracious, no harm / no foul.

45 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

No need to be called out. Probably a different story if someone bought it from you for 5k and tried to flip for 8.5k, but as far as I'm concerned an original seller can adjust however they see fit, especially if it's to account for an upgrade between listings.

Completely agree.